Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Should I go for it?  (Read 703 times)

double_p

• WKC Brave
Should I go for it?
« on: February 06, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »
Thinking about picking up a second kettle. Is it a good deal?  Post says the igniter doesn't work but I bet that can be fixed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:57:53 PM by double_p »
Performer 22, master touch.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Should I go for it?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 06:28:50 PM »
I have seen this one posted for a bit.  Pictures really don't tell you much.  If it was close you could check it out.  I wouldn't pay $200 though.  If the kettle is in really good shape I would probably be more in the $100 to $150 range depending on how nice it was.

You can always mention the igniter might be shot and that will cost you $30 Or $40 bucks.  Almost always the case is that it just needs to be cleaned really well though.  I have one that was abused to the max and still got it working.  Generally people like to swap out the tables as well because the plastic will fade or get scratched up.  The plastic can be renewed to some extent though and there are tutorials here.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 06:29:44 PM »
By the way...the answer here is always YES BUY ANOTHER WEBER!

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 06:31:04 PM »
The igniter is an easy fix. It depends on how much that color "calls to you". Once in a while, I'll see a Performer offered for $100 or less, but that is pretty rare, and the condition can be questionable, or it's missing components. If you don't mind paying $200, it's still more than 50% off the cost of a new one. I think the Performer is a great kit to cook with.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 06:33:27 PM »
If it’s red it calls me for sure.  Offer $125 and see what happens....

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 05:57:07 AM »
It's all about condition and preference. Personally, I wouldn't pay $200 for that particular color performer (especially with a busted igniter), but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Set up a meeting with the seller and see if they'll let you look it over. Bring cash and have fun with the deal!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 06:02:25 AM »

It's all about condition and preference. Personally, I wouldn't pay $200 for that particular color performer (especially with a busted igniter), but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Set up a meeting with the seller and see if they'll let you look it over. Bring cash and have fun with the deal!

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 06:11:28 AM »
They only posted one side of the kettle. wheel cover is shot. check the table well for cracks. look at the kettle for pops in the finish. I've bought a couple of these in better shape maybe dirty but payed max of 75. I think he is high
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,