Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: You ever correct people?  (Read 6463 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
You ever correct people?
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:50:20 AM »
So I came across an 18 wsm on offer up so I click on it wondering how much and the guy has it listed as a 22. Clearly not, no front lid handle and it's just not a 22 they look huge even in pictures. So I message the guy and ask "are you sure that's a 22 because," and explain. He comes back with yes it's a 22 no weber smoker has 2 handles.

So have you ever educated a seller and had good or bad replies lol?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
Re: You ever correct people?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:57:23 AM »
Funny you ask...someone had a Wally World jumbo joe listed for the price of a 26er and I very respectfully explained that the grill he was selling was a Walmart specific Weber that at the time was on sale for even less than the 74 bucks it's typically sold at brand new.  The seller saw my message but didn't reply and either completely deleted the listing or just blocked me so I didn't see it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mahnamahna

• WKC Brave
You ever correct people?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 09:24:33 AM »
No, let them figure it out on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »
I haven't for grills but I have for vintage skateboard decks. Many sellers have no idea what they have and use terminology (NOS, original, etc.) that would suggest what they have is actually from that period but clearly isn't when you see the pictures. Some don't like being called out on it, but I really don't care. The buying community should protect its members from fakes and protect the legitimacy of true original equipment.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
You ever correct people?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 04:22:07 PM »
So today I answered a Facebook post for a WSM 22.5 - $100 used once.  I saw the pic and the handle on the front of the lid.  He didn’t know what it was and admittedly said he didn’t know anything about it and would never use it - neighbor gave it to him after their house was foreclosed upon.  I was planning on giving him more, however it was missing some parts - charcoal grate, basket, heat shield and needs a good cleaning.  But I dared not mention that these are over $400 new.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
You ever correct people?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 04:54:09 PM »
Nope...just asked if they’d take PayPal. They said yes.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 05:18:27 PM »
I paid $3 for a patent pending Easterner last fall.   It was simply listed as “grill” on Letgo.   I could not get it in my trunk fast enough. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 05:45:50 PM »
NICE!

I paid $3 for a patent pending Easterner last fall.   It was simply listed as “grill” on Letgo.   I could not get it in my trunk fast enough. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 05:46:16 PM »
WOOT!

regards,
Hal

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 04:19:49 PM »
Wow

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 03:51:34 AM »
Correct a seller? I have tried... not always successful. The good thing is, thru the years I have collected all the "toys" I thought I needed at that thyme. They came and went as I figured it out. Seen some totally outrageous prices for this and that, butt became focused on what I really needed and their true value.

Bottom line. Save a buyer... you or someone else, by trying to correct a seller from not knowing what he/she really has up for sale. Hopefully, they will listen.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

KevinInStL

• WKC Brave
You ever correct people?
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »
The thing I see most often that drives me nuts and makes me want to correct someone is when people say they have a "Webber" grill for sale.

The correct spelling is literally all over the damn thing! Ugh. Gets under my skin so much.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 11:32:30 AM by KevinInStL »
ISO: Dark red/crimson mist kettle (cooker condition). 18" preferred, but a 22" would be awesome too.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 03:51:51 PM »
If you do, it means you care. If it's strangers we're talking about, I just don't care.  They usually won't listen. LMAO

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 04:27:52 PM »
Haha a "Webster" in my area had me cracking up too.
The thing I see most often that drives me nuts and makes me want to correct someone is when people say they have a "Webber" grill for sale.

The correct spelling is literally all over the damn thing! Ugh. Gets under my skin so much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

tvt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »
In my experience, if they spell it “webber” and the grill is assembled incorrectly and their ad has a picture of lighter fluid it’s usually going to be a good deal.