Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is this Weber shish Kabob Ring & Skewers box really early 1960's?  (Read 680 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
This came from a guy whose neighbors noticed it up in the garage rafters & asked what is that?  He said he got this & a couple other accessories along with a grill, back in the early 1960's (I'd have to take a look & see what year he mentioned exactly).  At the time, it sounded like it might possibly have been from back in the Wood Dale years, but I didn't know exactly when they moved to Arlington Heights.

In any event, the box has the Arlington Heights address.  I did notice that the box seems very plain compared to many that look a bit newer & has a much simpler depiction of the skewers & ring, so I'm guessing it is older.

For what it is worth, the date 4th class mail was changed to another name was back in the 90's, so that clue was useless.  The Elgin Corrugated
Box (the only thing on the back) was acquired in 2001, so that wasn't helpful either.
Thought I'd turn to you guys here & also start searching through old catalogs, just in case there is any depictions of boxes (which I don't recall seeing in one before).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:18:05 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: Is this Weber shish Kabob Ring & Skewers box really early 1960's?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 07:11:17 AM »
Mid 1960s to late 1960s. I have a Wood Dale Shish set. Different box and the handles are square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Is this Weber shish Kabob Ring & Skewers box really early 1960's?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 07:48:29 AM »
Thanks a lot @harris92

It saves me from a lot more work trying to figure it out.  I also have an unused rib rack in basically the same style box (but obviously with a slightly different depiction on the side). 

Also, thanks for the pics, especially of the handles as it is always possible I might run across handles without a frame &, while this set is complete and allegedly never used, I have another 22 ring only and am on the hunt for some skewers. 

Obviously, if I find actual Weber ones, that would be ideal, but I'll get something for my other kabob ring.  With respect to this one, I'll have to decide whether to keep it or sell & use the cash for something else I have my eye on.
regards,
Hal