Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bigger better basket for my 26er  (Read 2012 times)

avega2792

• WKC Brave
Bigger better basket for my 26er
« on: January 12, 2020, 06:46:45 PM »
I’m really spoiled now that I have a 26er. I use to rotate all my kettles evenly on my cooks, but I’ve had a 26er for sometime now and that’s pretty much all I use for big and small cooks. I had a surplus of baskets laying around so I made a bigger better basket and it’s fantastic. I’m kinda bummed because I bought a set of brackets to hang a red kettle in a gen 1 performer frame, but I like my 26er so much I don’t think I’d go back to a 22” kettle!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Bigger better basket for my 26er
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 06:59:16 PM »
As they say, size matters.  [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 07:36:24 PM »
Well...you could use the brackets on the 26 & mount it to an SSP frame.  The bowl would sit higher out of the frame, but the frame is lower than the newer performer frams anyway ...so....

I’m really spoiled now that I have a 26er. I use to rotate all my kettles evenly on my cooks, but I’ve had a 26er for sometime now and that’s pretty much all I use for big and small cooks. I had a surplus of baskets laying around so I made a bigger better basket and it’s fantastic. I’m kinda bummed because I bought a set of brackets to hang a red kettle in a gen 1 performer frame, but I like my 26er so much I don’t think I’d go back to a 22” kettle!

regards,
Hal

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:25:03 AM »

Well...you could use the brackets on the 26 & mount it to an SSP frame.  The bowl would sit higher out of the frame, but the frame is lower than the newer performer frams anyway ...so....

I’ve seen 26ers mounted on a performer cart but I’m not a fan of the look. I’m going to see about maybe modifying a genesis cart to mount it on instead. That way I can have side tables and a built in side burner too. Maybe.

rwalters

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 10:17:45 AM »
Hard not to love the 26’ers :)

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 05:06:59 PM »
How about a building a drop in table of sorts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Evochuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 03:39:21 PM »
I'm working on that over the winter!
How about a building a drop in table of sorts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sent from my MI MIX 3 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Evochuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 08:15:48 AM »
Table will be 72 x 30
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:18:10 AM by Evochuck »