Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just found this kettle on the curbside...  (Read 2926 times)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Re: Just found this kettle on the curbside...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 08:01:13 PM »
Nice pickup!  I got my 22 “D” code yellow as a curbside trash night score.  It was painted over with black high heat spray paint.  There have been a bunch of D codes found in St Louis (including my 22 yellow and 18 yellow that I gifted to @BobBQ), all with metal handles.  The general consensus about these MBH D codes (verified by @Craig) is that they are 1978 grills and that the “D” stands for “Demo.”

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

RVAJoe

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 07:22:34 AM »
F in L!!!

NICE SCORE!!!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 06:35:29 AM »
Nice pickup!  I got my 22 “D” code yellow as a curbside trash night score.  It was painted over with black high heat spray paint.  There have been a bunch of D codes found in St Louis (including my 22 yellow and 18 yellow that I gifted to @BobBQ), all with metal handles.  The general consensus about these MBH D codes (verified by @Craig) is that they are 1978 grills and that the “D” stands for “Demo.”

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Where do I find the info pertaining to the D stamp signifying Demo?
@Lowbrass
@Craig
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need