Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How old is your oldest chimney?  (Read 2420 times)

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: How old is your oldest chimney?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 12:07:33 PM »
That thing burned up upon re-entry!!!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 07:09:23 PM »
My oldest is 3 years... I think. Iv had it since I went elbows deep in this weber thing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 02:44:07 PM »
This ones been around a while probly at least 10 years then i retired it last summer.
The rivets on the handle never gave out but the metal around them burned and rusted away, so i flippped the heat shield and screwed it back on some good metal and moded the handle strap etc.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:49:15 PM by Hell Fire Grill »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 10:07:57 AM »
My large one is prolly 8 years old, and the smaller one 5. Both in grate shape.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 12:10:10 PM »
I have absolutely no idea.

By way of explanation, I believe I tossed out all my oldest (non-Weber chimneys I've bought).  All of my current chimneys, except for one, is a Weber chimney.  Of the Weber chimneys, all came used with a grill, so I have no way of really knowing how old any is.  After seeing how nice these are, I wound up buying one of the Weber mini chimneys as I've never gotten one as a freebie. 

I've also gifted a number of Weber chimneys out to friends & family.  I do still have one non-Weber chimeny, but I also got that with a grill.  Only reason I kept it was because it had that release in the handle to dump the bottom flap & the coals so you don't have to turn it upside down.  I remember seeing them back in the day, so I kept it, but haven't used it.  I think it is a Char-Broil and it LOOKS like the oldest, but THAT might be because it wasn't made as well.
regards,
Hal

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 12:22:00 PM »
;D

THAT is a CLASSIC! Holy chit, I have never seen one that eaten up!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 03:14:26 PM »
I've got two. One I bought and over my father have me when he switched to gas. I knowv one is five years old, because I bought it. As far as the one given to me I don't have a clue how old it is. Both are in grate shape since they're kept in a garage.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app