Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spider adapter  (Read 3683 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Spider adapter
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2019, 06:57:55 PM »
They’re all made in China now I understand.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 10:11:17 AM »

No they aren’t, please do a little research before posting that they are.  Some of the models of gas grills are and the red LE was due to US regulations with the red dye that was used.  Other than the red LE, the charcoal kettles are made in the USA with globally sourced parts.  The bowl and lid are still manufactured here (USA) along with the majority of other parts.

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 11:38:15 AM »
Yes and the plain Jane original kettle brand new still reigns supreme for durability and value in the charcoal grill market today imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 05:09:47 PM »
Unpacked mine today.  Fired it up for just a few minutes to see how it worked but didnt cook on it as it was raining.

I did notice a few sparks dropping out of the unused ash sweeper holes.  Will likely try covering those up.

There is an integrated cup to catch the burned pellets.  It seems very small so am curious to see how it will work.

There is a heat shield with a grease catcher that attached and is made to hold a pop can under the grill - there is a funnel of sorts that hangs down.  Seems like an odd design.  Again, will have to see how it works in action.

Just thought I'd share some initial thoughts. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Spider adapter
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 07:03:29 AM »

No they aren’t, please do a little research before posting that they are.  Some of the models of gas grills are and the red LE was due to US regulations with the red dye that was used.  Other than the red LE, the charcoal kettles are made in the USA with globally sourced parts.  The bowl and lid are still manufactured here (USA) along with the majority of other parts.

That’s great to know, thanks!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »
Any cooking updates with this unit?  I'm really interested to hear how well it works!

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 05:35:28 PM »
Did some steaks on mine for the first time this weekend.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I have never used a pellet cooker before.  It heated up well for being 20-30 degrees F and breezy.  It seemed to be pretty even heat across the grate. 

In the pic you can see the light from the flame around the edge of the heat deflector/grease catcher. Will need to use it a few more times to give a solid opinion but gave me a good first impression.

The one negative I noticed was the noise.  The burner was loud.  Tough to describe.  Without having used a pellet cooker before, I dont have any context for comparison.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:40:36 PM by ABROB »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 05:08:32 AM »
What do you do for storage?  Do you leave it on and throw a cover over it?

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
That's what I have been doing.  That raises another point.  While simple in concept, it is kind of a pain to attach or remove and you cant really move around once attached. 

Maybe after a few uses I will get the routine down for how to set the height, etc. 
What do you do for storage?  Do you leave it on and throw a cover over it?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »
Thanks for the info ABROB.  I don't think I'd be big on the noise either.  Also curious about how to dump out unused pellets and change flavors.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2020, 12:10:03 PM »
Interesting about the noise - it's something you don't worry about with grilling in general (unless you burn yourself!).
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2020, 02:50:34 PM »
Good question.  Havent explored that one yet.
Thanks for the info ABROB.  I don't think I'd be big on the noise either.  Also curious about how to dump out unused pellets and change flavors.

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2020, 06:09:41 AM »
There is a great heat diffuser / grease catcher that is angled that comes out of one of the bottom vent openings that you attach a small can to . Also the ash is collected in a removal able container
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »
The ash catcher on mine seems super small. Only an inch or 2 deep?  Mine came with the shallow end up inside the unit but I havent tried installing it the other way.
There is a great heat diffuser / grease catcher that is angled that comes out of one of the bottom vent openings that you attach a small can to . Also the ash is collected in a removal able container