Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Referred to this group for help with a grill  (Read 1031 times)

PapaMurph

• Happy Cooker
Referred to this group for help with a grill
« on: December 10, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »
Hello all,

I listed a grill for sale on my local Facebook Marketplace today and had someone reach out to me a about it.  They told me to check in with the forums here on WKC.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/567810143778575/

The grill appeared to me to be a 1987 Weber 22” Kettle.  The dampers are all marked with letter code J.

The grill has a lip for the cooking grate instead of the brackets I am used to.  I was told this may mean this is a Sears or K-Mart kettle.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
Re: Referred to this group for help with a grill
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 03:06:10 AM »
You were told correctly..... that is not a weber
Text @ 419-619-6379

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 04:13:24 AM »
It is a Sears Economy Kettle.  I am not 100% clear on whether or not Weber made it for Sears or it was another manufacturer.  It is in decent shape, but I can't say for certain it is worth $75.  It seems like the Sears Economy Kettles and the Happy Cookers only have value if they are a color or have a decent internal ash pan that can be taken out of it to be used in another vintage kettle.   
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 04:41:22 AM »
Kmart kettles have plastic snap fit handles and no center spine on the triangle.  Your kettle is a Sears Economy.  The bowl damper design and wheels indicate that this one was made by Weber. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 10:34:50 AM »
I should have just asked you from the get go. :p
Kmart kettles have plastic snap fit handles and no center spine on the triangle.  Your kettle is a Sears Economy.  The bowl damper design and wheels indicate that this one was made by Weber. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 01:54:46 PM »
Hello all,

I listed a grill for sale on my local Facebook Marketplace today and had someone reach out to me a about it.  They told me to check in with the forums here on WKC.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/567810143778575/

The grill appeared to me to be a 1987 Weber 22” Kettle.  The dampers are all marked with letter code J.

The grill has a lip for the cooking grate instead of the brackets I am used to.  I was told this may mean this is a Sears or K-Mart kettle.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!
I have the same one on the left here, she's not as nice as the fb one. The wood handles are very bad but there. J code as well

Sent from my SM-J737P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 01:59:09 PM »
It is a Sears Economy Kettle.  I am not 100% clear on whether or not Weber made it for Sears or it was another manufacturer.  It is in decent shape, but I can't say for certain it is worth $75.  It seems like the Sears Economy Kettles and the Happy Cookers only have value if they are a color or have a decent internal ash pan that can be taken out of it to be used in another vintage kettle.
Happy cooker with a table but it's off and stored inside. It was made by someone before I had it. One day I'll clean her. There is a guy from the fb kettle group that had some parts for me.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Ryan  Andrew Moore