Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: If Only the Dream Were True!  (Read 1328 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
If Only the Dream Were True!
« on: November 24, 2019, 05:00:28 AM »
So I had an extremely vivid dream last night.  I was looking on the Weber website and saw that new colors had been introduced.  I was pleasantly surprised and then ecstatic when I saw a light blue kettle with a promo shot of it on the beach, two white lawn chairs, and an umbrella.  I scroll down and it even came with an extra short leg kit making it the perfect lounge (midget) kettle.  Finally the blue wave/glen blue color everyone has been pining over and with a new feature to boot! 

Even the secondary emotion of fear when I realized I would need to tell the wife I was buying another brand new kettle after just getting one felt so real.  ;D

Unfortunately I woke up to look at the web page and the forum to find my dreams were non-existent.  Here is to hoping it was a precognition rather than just a dream... 8)
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
If Only the Dream Were True!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 05:22:39 AM »
So I had an extremely vivid dream last night.  I was looking on the Weber website and saw that new colors had been introduced.  I was pleasantly surprised and then ecstatic when I saw a light blue kettle with a promo shot of it on the beach, two white lawn chairs, and an umbrella.  I scroll down and it even came with an extra short leg kit making it the perfect lounge (midget) kettle.  Finally the blue wave/glen blue color everyone has been pining over and with a new feature to boot! 

Even the secondary emotion of fear when I realized I would need to tell the wife I was buying another brand new kettle after just getting one felt so real.  ;D

Unfortunately I woke up to look at the web page and the forum to find my dreams were non-existent.  Here is to hoping it was a precognition rather than just a dream... 8)
Weber has been asking for my feedback on new colors, and a new color for Crate and Barrel and I’ve been telling them to make another light blue and even another yellow color for a couple years now. I thought we had it...but to my dismay they brought out another dark blue (Deep Ocean Blue) which I got to see about 6 months before they released it. Of course, I was sworn to secrecy and couldn’t tell anyone. Hey, It’s definitely cool...but...not as cool as a light blue or yellow would be imho. Glad I’m not the only one that dreams about grills lol [emoji23] GrillOn! And thanks for sharing [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: If Only the Dream Were True!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 05:58:47 PM »
Sweet dreams for sure!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »
There...... I want a brand new yellow so bad...

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 06:17:09 AM »
THAT is so damn funny that your dream included that.  I'm sure we've all experienced the, "when is the best time to mention something to the wife." 

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:21:04 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 06:20:28 AM »
Have you considered telling the wife that the only way you've been able to stay off Oxycontin & heroin is to buy more grills?   ;)
regards,
Hal

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 07:42:04 AM »
I have consulted with a few heritage brands in the past. They have solicited my recommendations of what retro models to bring to market.

I say the same thing to them all the time..."figure out what is the most sought after model in the collector market and duplicate that".
They never seem to get this at all.
The guitar business gets this and brings out reissued models.. sometimes even those go onto command high values.

Weber needs to reissue vintage colors, period ! They also should be faithful to the originals where possible..... but they won't...
They are just like Vespa scooters.... they come out with a modern interpretation of the original.
If Vespa came out with a classic reproduction (updated engines) of their 1960's model they would sell a ton !!!