Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Duo Master Touch Rehab - The things we do for love!  (Read 2746 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Duo Master Touch Rehab - The things we do for love!
« on: November 09, 2019, 09:38:17 PM »
I’ve had these two “EE” 1999 Master Touch’s for a few years in the pile, they both had leg sockets with broken welds which I riveted in place, and the ash sweeps were toast. I happen to like the Gen1 MT ash pan and  thought I’d detail my mod for reusing it when replacing new One Touch sweeps.

I trim thin strips of steel or aluminum and pop rivet them to the ring and bend them to fit under the leg sockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Duo Master Touch Rehab - The things we do for love!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »
The cross bar is obsolete

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 04:53:33 AM »
Great job on the ash catcher mounting tabs!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »
What are the bolts and washers for at the tips of the sweeps

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 12:53:03 AM »

Those are magnets to hold them in place when turned over to insert handle and lock washer

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 02:00:47 AM »
I thought they looked like magnets, but I couldn't figure it out. That's a nice technique for the ash sweeps!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 07:13:51 AM »

Those are magnets to hold them in place when turned over to insert handle and lock washer

That's brilliant!  Makes me feel like I just found out the wheel existed tho.....
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Evochuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 05:01:26 AM »
I typically stick one finger through the vent to push down on the center of the one touch while holding the washer with the rest of the  fingers. Works quite well for people that dont have 3 arms/hands.

Sent from my MI MIX 3 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app