Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked pepper powder  (Read 4485 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Smoked pepper powder
« on: November 04, 2019, 02:03:48 PM »
I did 2 batches last night, bout to fire up 2 of my 18's and do 4 more pans. I have piles of peppers that need processed soon.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Smoked pepper powder
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 03:51:00 PM »
Lookin' smokin' hot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 07:24:09 PM »
Just got 2 trays of peach colored pods cut up and on the smokers, still have red and white ones left to do. Then a giant pile of ones in varying stages of ripeness. Ready to be done for the year for sure. Didnt get a pic of the brown pods, they are in the dehydro now with the yellows and those Sri Lankan peppers.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 03:40:34 AM »
Got three bags dried, and the dehydrator is full again. Only got about 3 hours of sleep. I had an alarm set for 1.5 hours, so I could get up and stir them, but I didnt get up till 4am. One smoker had died out, the other I had added coal to and it was still rollin.
I have a big pile of white pods, I think I'm gonna whip up a sauce with some and dehydrate the rest.

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 04:24:58 AM »
So what is your process? How long do you smoje for before dehydrating? This sounds delish!
Got three bags dried, and the dehydrator is full again. Only got about 3 hours of sleep. I had an alarm set for 1.5 hours, so I could get up and stir them, but I didnt get up till 4am. One smoker had died out, the other I had added coal to and it was still rollin.
I have a big pile of white pods, I think I'm gonna whip up a sauce with some and dehydrate the rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 04:54:08 AM »
I love this thread!  Looks awesome. I will have the nesco dehydrator going for a few days on peppers then it will go straight to making deer jerky that I will use some of the powder in the marinade.

I made salmon last night with coarse and fine ground Serrano powder with salt and pepper. It is incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 09:57:02 AM »
So what is your process? How long do you smoje for before dehydrating? This sounds delish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using

Weber Kettle Club mobile app

This was my first time, I just tossed them in a disposable pan with holes poked in the bottom, and smoked them stirring occasionally. I think a thin layer would be better.
A friend over at thehotpepper.com smokes a Serrano powder and it is amazing. I should probably grow some lower heat peppers lol.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 09:58:14 AM »
I love this thread!  Looks awesome. I will have the nesco dehydrator going for a few days on peppers then it will go straight to making deer jerky that I will use some of the powder in the marinade.

I made salmon last night with coarse and fine ground Serrano powder with salt and pepper. It is incredible!

I havent tried salmon yet, I used to like the patty things my grandma would make, from canned tuna lol
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:54:36 AM by Walchit »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 03:57:20 PM »
The snack master is locked and loaded. Thanks for the inspiration. I’ve had this pile sitting awhile and needed to do something with it.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 03:57:39 PM »

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 04:01:21 PM »
Nice! I put some of that first powder on my burritos, its pretty good. I can send you some, but Idk if I still have your address

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 04:28:22 AM »
My face was on fire by the time I was done grinding all of this. When I got to the batch that was mostly reaper/primo peppers, I coughed inside the towel and it blew whatever dust had landed on the top edge of the towel directly into my eyes. I was doing pretty rough, even tried pouring some milk on a rag and putting it on my face lol.
I still have 1 quart bag of some lower heat peppers to grind up.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 06:15:13 PM »
Andy you look like you're ready to knock off a liquor store. LOL

JK dude...that powder looks awesome!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 11:00:28 PM »
One time I was grabbing a gallon of milk at the family dollar and I looked over at the 2 guys coming in the door and they had bandana face going on. They told everyone to get on the ground, I wasn't thrilled, if they would have tried to make me empty my pockets though I would have had to resist.

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 08:50:08 AM »
Wow! Looks killer! [emoji482] [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!