Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for inspiration  (Read 7915 times)

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
Re: Looking for inspiration
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2019, 01:07:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Doing some brats in beer with honey mustard sauerkraut tonight. Picked up the idea from a BBQ pit boys video. They are really entertaining vids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kettles: 2015 Performer Deluxe (Green), 2001 One Touch Platinum, 1999 Performer gas assist, 1991 Smokey Joe Gold (Green) Gasser: Genesis Silver B

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2019, 04:15:51 PM »
There are a lot of great ideas on YouTube.  ‘On the Weber kettle’ is a good search term.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 04:52:07 AM »
I watch a lot of different ones, some for ideas, some for entertainment and others just to see if something new or interesting pops.  Guga Foods, Pitmaster X, All things BBQ, Harry Soo, BBQ Pit Boys, Cooking with Ry, How to BBQ Right....

KevinInStL

• WKC Brave
Looking for inspiration
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 05:07:09 AM »
I agree with all the above Youtube channels, but I’d also add Baby Back Maniac and Franklin BBQ.

Also, for some good inspiration via Netflix(though more entertaining and informational as opposed to the detailed how-to on YT) via check out these
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276338 (scroll down to post #7)

I’ll add to that list
-Somebody Feed Phil
-Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
-Broken Bread (Hulu, not Netflix)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:53:49 AM by KevinInStL »
ISO: Dark red/crimson mist kettle (cooker condition). 18" preferred, but a 22" would be awesome too.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 05:54:47 AM »
I agree with all the above Youtube channels, but I’d also add Baby Back Maniac and Franklin BBQ.

My only slight disagreement would be Baby Back Maniac -- for whatever reason, most of his videos are comparisons between products and not so much cooking techniques or recipes. There's also something about him that I can't put my finger on that makes me not enjoy his vids so much. I don't know if it's snark or his constant indecision with his comparisons - there's something disingenuous there that comes across, and I wish I wouldn't notice it so much.  I'd much prefer watching Malcolm Reed walk me through a new recipe step-by-step and give me the confidence to try it out. Just my two cents - thx!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again