Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need to ship a 22" properly  (Read 1146 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Need to ship a 22" properly
« on: October 02, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
So I have read the thread on the main page, but also noticed that someone said people have been packing them with the leg sockets upwards instead. Is there an updated shipping a kettle thread? Or if anyone has any pointers I would love to hear them. This is my first time being an agent, and I need this kettle to show up unscathed.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Need to ship a 22" properly
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »
I would reach out to @brewtownbeatdown the best shipper in the club hands down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 05:08:21 PM »
Agree with Joe. He uses these custom forming packs after it’s in the box. They are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 05:31:55 PM »
I reuse Brewtown’s packing material when I have it.  Nothing better. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
I do ha e some pieces out of my Smokey mountain box I might see how they fit too.

You guys just know his method from getting kettles from him? He must be good! Lol

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 05:57:48 PM »
Wait custom forming? I missed that part. I'm gonna need to know more for sure

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 05:59:09 PM »
Brewtown is going to end up making a business just selling custom kettle packing material  ;D
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Need to ship a 22" properly
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 08:46:28 AM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas.  I’ve had phenomenal luck with packaging so far[emoji1696].  Just had a kettle make the trip “over the pond” three times, thanks to a lackluster post carrier deciding to mark it “return to sender” after only one delivery attempt.  Thankfully, it serviced unscathed[emoji1374].  IMHO,  a roll of 6” shrink wrap and foam pipe insulation are the two most important items for safe packing.  Both available at Home Depot. 

I think I’ll have to start a new packing tutorial post soon.  Would be too lengthy of a reply here, and I don’t have many decent quality step by step pics.  @Walchit, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 09:59:57 AM »
Pack the crap out of them. Use styrofoam peanuts all around. I've even double boxed with peanuts between boxes. Another good thing to do is take pics of your packing, just to prove that you did the best, in case of a claim. Also, take pics of the product before shipping & packing to prove that if any damage caused was post shipping from you.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 04:17:53 AM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas.  I’ve had phenomenal luck with packaging so far[emoji1696].  Just had a kettle make the trip “over the pond” three times, thanks to a lackluster post carrier deciding to mark it “return to sender” after only one delivery attempt.  Thankfully, it serviced unscathed[emoji1374].  IMHO,  a roll of 6” shrink wrap and foam pipe insulation are the two most important items for safe packing.  Both available at Home Depot. 

I think I’ll have to start a new packing tutorial post soon.  Would be too lengthy of a reply here, and I don’t have many decent quality step by step pics.  @Walchit, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 

Thanks! I think I will go search for a box today, I would cut down this wsm box, but my kids are really attached to it lol.

When I heard form fitting, my brain started thinking about spraying foam in a can into a trash bag then letting it expand in there. Lol. Sounds like it might work, but I would be afraid to get a hole in the bag or something

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 04:20:01 AM »
Pack the crap out of them. Use styrofoam peanuts all around. I've even double boxed with peanuts between boxes. Another good thing to do is take pics of your packing, just to prove that you did the best, in case of a claim. Also, take pics of the product before shipping & packing to prove that if any damage caused was post shipping from you.

Defininatelty a good idea, I know a lot of the delivery drivers must have watched Ace Ventura for their delivery training lol.