Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken Wing sauce ideas for this weekends cook.  (Read 4827 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Chicken Wing sauce ideas for this weekends cook.
« on: September 25, 2019, 01:27:23 PM »
This coming weekend I’m having a family cook out. My brother and I decided that wings sound good . But I’m kinda bored with just tossing on some bbq sauce toward the end and calling it good..

I was Curious if any of you guys have any good ideas as far as sauces. I wouldn’t mind trying a garlic Parmesan.  Or anything just ... different now iv
Googles some ideas but was thinkin maybe I’d ask around here for shits and giggles.

Open to trying some new and different things so if anyone has a wild Concoctions they have came up with let me know !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jmike314

• WKC Brave
Re: Chicken Wing sauce ideas for this weekends cook.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 04:28:47 PM »
I like Kosmos Chili Lime wing dust.

I also use a homemade Carolina Gold sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 04:40:09 PM »
I like to make my own wing sauce.

I'll take my chipotle powder and simmer it quickly in white vinegar. Remove from the heat. Then I add cold butter a tablespoon at a time stirring constantly till each piece melts. When it wont melt any more butter, it's done. If ya have to reheat it, do it carefully. Overheating a sauce like this will break the sauce. Then ya have hot and spicy vinegar with melted butter running all over the place...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 05:09:58 PM »

I'll take my chipotle powder and simmer it quickly in white vinegar. Remove from the heat. Then I add cold butter a tablespoon at a time stirring constantly till each piece melts. When it wont melt any more butter, it's done. If ya have to reheat it, do it carefully. Overheating a sauce like this will break the sauce. Then ya have hot and spicy vinegar with melted butter running all over the place...

Wow!  Next level stuff. I’ll have to attempt this.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 05:37:18 PM »

Do it.
Make it as hot (or not) as you want...
Did it with Ghost Peppers once. Only once. Made some great drain cleaner....................

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »

Do it.
Make it as hot (or not) as you want...
Did it with Ghost Peppers once. Only once. Made some great drain cleaner....................

Do you dehydrate your own peppers to make powder?

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 07:02:58 PM »
If you want to go somewhat unconventional and surprise some folks, try Scarbelly wings.    2 parts Frank's Wing Sauce to 1 part Cajun Injector Creole butter.   Mix together, use the included syringe and inject the mixture into every wing.    While in a pan, sprinkle with Creole or Cajun seasoning (or whatever else you want).   Throw them on the grill with some hickory chunks.   They are amazing.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 01:58:46 AM »
Awesome guys. I appreciate it! Can’t wait to try these ideas out .

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 08:49:28 AM »
I had some honey/Sriracha wings at a local restaurant on Monday. Very tasty combo

Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 05:39:50 PM »

[/quote]

PM sent

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 06:24:19 AM »

PM sent
[/quote]

I want to try doing this . Iv seen some videos and guys doing it . Looks pretty cool

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »
Try this... good stuff!

Lemon-Garlic Chicken Wings

Ingredients:

•   ½ cup Olive Oil
•   ½ cup Lemon Juice
•   Zest of 1 Lemon
•   2 tablespoons diced Garlic Cloves
•   1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
•   1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground Black Pepper
•   4 pounds Chicken Wings (thawed if frozen)
•   Garnish: lemon wedges, finely diced scallion greens

Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Add the chicken wings and spoon the marinade over any exposed wings. Rotate the wings in the marinade periodically bringing wings from the bottom of the bowl to the top and vice versa.

2. Preheat the oven/grill to 425 degrees. Fit two large rimmed baking sheet pans with foil (dull side up) and baking/cooling racks, or use disposable aluminum pans.

3. When the oven/grill reaches 425 degrees, remove the wings from the marinade with tongs, allowing any excess marinade to drain back into the bowl. Place them on the prepared racks, skin side up, leaving some space between them. Bake for 35 minutes until the wings reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and juices run clear. Serve hot with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of scallion greens.

I have done these in the oven, but haven't tried them on the grill. I don't see why they can't be done in a Weber...

Plus, there's this website with all kinds of delights: https://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/17-sauces-chicken-wings
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 07:11:54 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 08:11:20 AM »

Try this... good stuff!

Lemon-Garlic Chicken Wings

Ingredients:

•½ cup Olive Oil
•½ cup Lemon Juice
•Zest of 1 Lemon
•2 tablespoons diced Garlic Cloves
•1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
•1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground Black Pepper
•4 pounds Chicken Wings (thawed if frozen)
•Garnish: lemon wedges, finely diced scallion greens

Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Add the chicken wings and spoon the marinade over any exposed wings. Rotate the wings in the marinade periodically bringing wings from the bottom of the bowl to the top and vice versa.

2. Preheat the oven/grill to 425 degrees. Fit two large rimmed baking sheet pans with foil (dull side up) and baking/cooling racks, or use disposable aluminum pans.

3. When the oven/grill reaches 425 degrees, remove the wings from the marinade with tongs, allowing any excess marinade to drain back into the bowl. Place them on the prepared racks, skin side up, leaving some space between them. Bake for 35 minutes until the wings reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and juices run clear. Serve hot with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of scallion greens.

I have done these in the oven, but haven't tried them on the grill. I don't see why they can't be done in a Weber...

Plus, there's this website with all kinds of delights: https://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/17-sauces-chicken-wings

Thank you ! I will be hopefully trying all these at some point . I figure asking a bunch of grillin guys is better than anything google has to say! All this info is very helpful you guys are awesome !

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 06:20:47 PM »

Sounds like a great idea for the Vortex.

Thanks Hawg

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
I decided to try @demosthenes9 wing idea for a test run.   I followed his recipe for close. Other than I added just a bit more of the butter . Offset for about 2 hrs. And after some good advice to let them cool down before digging in. They were awesome !  Will be making these again soon! My brother also did some wings he marinated them for a couple hours . And he also did a whole chicken . Everyone pokes fun at the guy with all the Weber’s till we 3+ to cook on !!!!