Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy Cooker Find  (Read 1662 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Happy Cooker Find
« on: July 31, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »
I’ve been wanting a HC grill for a while for the internal ash pan. I saw one post on FB for $20. I got it tonight. Not in great shape, all bowl vents are gone and the pan is rusted through in spots.

My plan is to give the grill and pan to an old friend who started a metal fabrication shop. I will ask him to reproduce the pan if he can.  If it all goes well, I might be able to get a reproduction run of these. I’d like at least 4 for myself. Fingers crossed boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

cookingjnj

• Smokey Joe
Re: Happy Cooker Find
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
I hope you can get that reproduction of the IAP mastered.  Man, I really lucked out a few months back when I was able to pick up a HC at a garage sale (my first ever kettle of any kind) in great condition with a completely intact IAP...all for $5.  I alternate using the HC and a two year old Weber 22" I picked up on craigslist for $50.  Both work great.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 05:05:25 PM »
No pics of the HC...F’ing tease[emoji23]

I hope your friend is able to replicate the IAC.   SS IAC would be awesome!!!

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 05:16:27 PM »

I’ve been wanting a HC grill for a while for the internal ash pan. I saw one post on FB for $20. I got it tonight. Not in great shape, all bowl vents are gone and the pan is rusted through in spots.

My plan is to give the grill and pan to an old friend who started a metal fabrication shop. I will ask him to reproduce the pan if he can.  If it all goes well, I might be able to get a reproduction run of these. I’d like at least 4 for myself. Fingers crossed boys.

Pics or it didn’t happen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »

$10

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »
A 26’er IAP would be a dream come true. 

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 06:40:37 PM »
A 26’er IAP would be a dream come true. 

I totally agree. First order of business is to see if he can make the 22”. If that goes well then I’ll take my Fleetwood over to see if he can make it happen.

No promises but I am really hoping this works out. I assume there will be a decent demand if it does. I’ll keep everyone updated.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 07:42:50 PM »
Sounds like a decent possible opportunity with some demand.  All you need is some supply.  I hope it works out.  For those of us that don't know, why are these internal pans so desirable? 

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »
Sounds like a decent possible opportunity with some demand.  All you need is some supply.  I hope it works out.  For those of us that don't know, why are these internal pans so desirable?

The internal ash pans are fantastic to use in vintage daisy wheel kettles.  Removing and cleaning the ashes are a breeze when you use one of these.  The next day, you just take out the charcoal grate, lift out the internal ash pan and dump all the ashes.  Without these you have to sweep the ash using a brush into something like a Weber ash shovel to remove the ash.  Plus, if there are drippings from cooking, they are caught in the internal ash pan.  Much easier to clean the internal ash pan than the bowl and bowl vents that get gunked up.  I have both an 18" and 22" size that I rotate for use in my daisy wheel kettles. 

I hope your guy is able to reproduce them @kettlebb .  It's efforts like this that make the WKC such a special place. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:51:27 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 08:55:51 PM »

The internal ash pans are fantastic to use in vintage daisy wheel kettles.  Removing and cleaning the ashes are a breeze when you use one of these.  The next day, you just take out the charcoal grate, lift out the internal ash pan and dump all the ashes.  Without these you have to sweep the ash using a brush into something like a Weber ash shovel to remove the ash.  Plus, if there are drippings from cooking, they are caught in the internal ash pan.  Much easier to clean the internal ash pan than the bowl and bowl vents that get gunked up.  I have both an 18" and 22" size that I rotate for use in my daisy wheel kettles.

Thanks, Jim.  Makes sense.  The ash and grease sure are a drag with 3-wheelers.  I'd be down for a 22 and 18.

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 02:35:02 AM »
I have a couple  of internal ash pans and they are fantastic.I took to a mate here in Australia that is a metal fabricator and said it could be done but not cheap as it would be 3 pieces welded together. We just need to find the press from Happy cooker then we are in buisness

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 04:26:23 AM »
Love an update
I have a couple  of internal ash pans and they are fantastic.I took to a mate here in Australia that is a metal fabricator and said it could be done but not cheap as it would be 3 pieces welded together. We just need to find the press from Happy cooker then we are in buisness

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sent from my SM-J737P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Ryan  Andrew Moore

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 05:33:02 AM »
Congrats on the score, and put me down as someone who would be interested if you were able to fabricate these...I've only ever seen two HCs in my area in all my time collecting and neither had the IAP. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!