Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Outdoor Misting Systems  (Read 1192 times)

Efkay

• Smokey Joe
Outdoor Misting Systems
« on: July 14, 2019, 02:03:36 AM »
Greetings from across the Pond!

Do any of you use an outdoor cooling, ie water misting system, to kill some of the heat of summer? 

It's a whole new ball game for me and would love to know whether a simple system run off the outdoor tap (faucet) is effective or a waste of time, or do the more professional and expensive pump systems justify the cost?

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Re: Outdoor Misting Systems
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 03:42:16 AM »
We have one for our back deck and it works great. I think it has about 6 or 7 misting bits on a 5m x 8m deck. The only problem is after a few hours it tends to drip water from the jets and sometimes pool up a little. I can send pictures when I get home tomorrow if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Efkay

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 11:46:56 AM »
We have one for our back deck and it works great. I think it has about 6 or 7 misting bits on a 5m x 8m deck. The only problem is after a few hours it tends to drip water from the jets and sometimes pool up a little. I can send pictures when I get home tomorrow if you want.

Would love to see it please.  Is it straight off a garden faucet?  What is the make?

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 05:53:40 AM »
I’d like to see the pictures also
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

rwalters

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:28:45 PM »
We had a high pressure system put in 2 years ago. ZERO regrets as it allows us to enjoy the backyard all summer. We are often outside in triple digit heat and it actually quite comfortable with the misters. We’ve had the cheap low pressure systems before and if there is anyway you can swing it, I’d highly recommend a high pressure system. We went with a Kool-Fog system.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »
Boy! I sure could use one of these misting systems today! It's like a damn oven outside! The heat index is in the triple digits. There are heat advisories all up and down the east coast today. Stay safe, everyone!

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Outdoor Misting Systems
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 01:15:45 PM »

it just hooks up to your tap/faucet works really well. We just used cable ties to hold it up on the roof. Also have a workshop wall mounted fan at the other end to help circulate the mist.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 02:36:49 AM »
We had some on these dog kennels once, but we had this dog that would jump up and biye onto them and tear them down. So they didnt last long