Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Flank steak. Lid optional  (Read 485 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Flank steak. Lid optional
« on: July 12, 2019, 02:58:02 AM »
I picked up a 2 lb flank steak and used one of those needle tenderizers and marinated in lime juice. I do the same on skirt steak. Then set up a two zone fire with bowl vents closed and cooked direct uncovered until medium.  Easy fun and works very well. It was cut up for tacos. No finish pics.  It was late and was consumed very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Flank steak. Lid optional
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:36:23 AM »
That looks good, how long do you let it marinade in the lime juice?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 04:50:47 AM »

That looks good, how long do you let it marinade in the lime juice?

It varies depending how much I’ve planned ahead which usually isn’t much. This time I tenderized then poured a little juice on each side and seasoned with Tony’s then placed in a bowl and poured an addition 1/4 cup of juice and let it set for 30 minutes while I got everything else ready.  After i cut it up, I sprinkled with a little kosher salt. That last step is SO good!  I never used to do that but it really makes the flavor pop. I also squeezed a half lime on my taco.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 05:04:26 AM »
cool, we like flank steak, I'm trying this next time. Do you think the tenderizing made a difference? I don't have one but doesn't mean I can't get one
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 05:16:54 AM »

cool, we like flank steak, I'm trying this next time. Do you think the tenderizing made a difference? I don't have one but doesn't mean I can't get one

Yes. I used to marinate without doing it and I couldn’t tell much difference with juice alone. You can also use a fork.  I stumbled across the tenderizer new in box in my cabinet. I have no idea where it came from lol. It’s probably been in the cabinet for years. It allows the juice to get down inside better. Longer marinade time might work too.