Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26" Performer  (Read 3163 times)

Sharip

• Happy Cooker
26" Performer
« on: June 16, 2019, 10:00:11 AM »
Here are some pictures of my 26" Performer project. Many thanks to Louis at Rshackbbq for shipping the mounting brackets to Germany and for his YT tutorial videos.

For metrication I enlarged several holes in the frame so that I could fit a 10mm ss axle and use standard nuts and bolts. The table and shelf are made from plywood.

Götz
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:06:33 AM by Sharip »

Tomo1970

• Smokey Joe
26" Performer
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
Wow! that’s a great looking grill. Is that a custom frame? If so can you share some details?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Sharip

• Happy Cooker
Re: 26" Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 11:54:33 AM »
Thanks, it is an old gen 2 Performer frame fitted with 1" tube clamps to widen the track. 

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 12:26:19 PM »
Oh man that turned out awesome. Love the big wheels you used. R shack bbq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »
Very nice clean design, can that lower table slide onto the top table also?
Like the big wheels  too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 05:12:42 PM »
How did you attach the wheels to the rod/frame?  Is it some kind of push nut like how Weber normally attaches their wheels? I am just curious because I want to upgrade some wheels on a few carts with a 1/2 inch rod with 1/2 hubs. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:25:47 PM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 07:24:57 PM »
Delete. Accidental post.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Sharip

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »

I don't understand what you mean by "slide onto the top table". The lower table is just a shelf to store charcoal, chimney and accessories.

Sharip

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 10:12:36 PM »
How did you attach the wheels to the rod/frame?  Is it some kind of push nut like how Weber normally attaches their wheels? I am just curious because I want to upgrade some wheels on a few carts with a 1/2 inch rod with 1/2 hubs.

The wheels have a diameter of 40cm and a bore of 20mm. Between the frame and the wheels I put several large pvc washers as a stop on the axle so that the wheel hub has some clearance. Then follows the reducing sleeve, a locking ring on the reducing sleeve, a large ss washer and finally the original weber push nut/star lock and the end cap.

The original weber wheels have a diameter of 20cm so the 40cm wheels increase the height by 10cm. The caster assembly on the front legs of the frame have a mounting height of 101mm so the whole cart is just about level.

I don't know if the 10mm axle will be strong enough in the long run. The whole setup is pretty heavy so maybe I will have to go to a 12mm axle in the future.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 10:15:31 PM by Sharip »

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 03:46:53 AM »
Love it!

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 10:19:03 PM »

I don't understand what you mean by "slide onto the top table". The lower table is just a shelf to store charcoal, chimney and accessories.
Can the one lower table slide out to be used as flat work surface or is it attached,is my question either way a very nice setup.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 10:22:49 PM »

Can the one lower table slide out to be used as flat work surface or is it attached,is my question either way a very nice setup.

Ok now I see the one photo did not load on my phone before I see you can remove the lower shelf, sorry I need a better phone

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 04:14:04 AM »
Thanks for posting.  With you using the locking collars I decided to look into that.  Before that I was looking into using a stainless rod and threading the ends which probably would have been a pretty big pain. 

Sharip

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 11:24:53 AM »
Thanks for posting.  With you using the locking collars I decided to look into that.  Before that I was looking into using a stainless rod and threading the ends which probably would have been a pretty big pain.

I looked at the axles of wheelbarrows when I came up with my setup. Maybe you could go with a standard wheelbarrow axle size for your Ranch. Then you could use all the standard parts and most hardware stores carry them.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 12:12:14 PM »

I looked at the axles of wheelbarrows when I came up with my setup. Maybe you could go with a standard wheelbarrow axle size for your Ranch. Then you could use all the standard parts and most hardware stores carry them.
I am going with a 5/8 inch axle due to the size of the tire and use the collars on either side to keep them in place.  I think this should be sufficient considering how it will be moved.  I mainly wanted bigger better wheels to improve the aesthetics and have it roll easier over grass, gravel, and dirt better.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app