Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: OTS to OTG conversion.  (Read 2303 times)

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
Re: OTS to OTG conversion.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 06:13:20 AM »
It is very surprising how strong the legs of these things really are.  I tried to bend one so I could add a caster to the front leg not that long ago.  It was a super pain just to get it to bend a little bit and I really didn't even get the leg in a straight down fashion for the caster and only did a so so job of making the bend.  It works, but I would never try to do a bend like that Euro leg.  Cool concept though if I run on to someone that has one haha.

why not just cut it?
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 06:26:15 AM »
It is very surprising how strong the legs of these things really are.  I tried to bend one so I could add a caster to the front leg not that long ago.  It was a super pain just to get it to bend a little bit and I really didn't even get the leg in a straight down fashion for the caster and only did a so so job of making the bend.  It works, but I would never try to do a bend like that Euro leg.  Cool concept though if I run on to someone that has one haha.

why not just cut it?
I did cut some of it. However it was a stem caster and I was trying to get it somewhat straight for that.  It works and rolls a lot better.  No one would probably notice that it isn't a perfect job at a glance.  I would probably do it differently if I did it all over again. Mostly my down fall was I didn't have the right tools to do it cleanly.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 03:41:13 AM »
These Eurolegs were made from 81 to 84 for the european market.
The background of them is, you can step with your foot at the fronthook and push it in the ground of your garden. You can spy at the rear legs a clip. With this clip you can fix the rear wheels.
This photo i believe is from @Jan M from Germany

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

One of my favorite pic and the style of the kettle. One of few other members pics I keep on my computer favorite folder.

On my to do list to turn my Brownie into one. Not hard to bend the legs if you have the proper size bender.