Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: OTS to OTG conversion.  (Read 2299 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
OTS to OTG conversion.
« on: June 15, 2019, 07:11:15 AM »
Before pic.

After pic.

There are many ways to install ash bucket ring. Here is how I did mine. One ring tab had to be trimmed to fit into the leg socket and 2 other ring tabs bent outward and tightened as shown.  Nothing visible from outside.

Looking in from the bowl. Tip of the vent openings extending pass the ash bucket ring blocked off.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:41:16 PM by greenweb »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: OTS to OTG conversion.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 02:22:39 PM »
Now, converted to a Smoker. Ready to smoke some beef ribs.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 01:22:55 PM »
Very nicely done I like you can grill or smoke with same unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 02:46:51 PM »
Very nicely done I like you can grill or smoke with same unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thanks! Even small Smoky Joe or Go Anywhere are both versatile enough to do double duties.

I intend to hang full 4 to 6 racks of side ribs on this 18" next weekend.

Getting acquainted with the shorty 18".

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:53:42 PM »
Blue 18s are my favorite grills!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 03:06:29 PM »
what do the acronyms OTS and OTG stand for?
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »
Nice.  I will have to remember that for the future.  If I find a colored 18" I really want to add an ash bucket just like that if it doesn't already have one.  Nice midget mod btw.  Interesting how you made the front leg wider.  Hadn't seen that before. 
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Hollando

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 06:14:30 PM »

One Touch Silver and One Touch Gold

This is now Original Kettle and original kettle premium.

One is with the tray and one is with the ash catcher.

-H

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 07:30:52 AM »

-H

thank you for the clarification. I've never understood Weber's naming scheme...Silver, Gold & Platinum would give one to think of a product's color, and it does not in this case. quite confusing! :P

Hollando

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 07:33:20 AM »
I believe it is possible that each of the series could have  colour palette available too. But, the same could be said for model editions and  years....
Im sure a WKC veteran could probably answer that better though

-H

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 07:57:30 AM »
I believe it is possible that each of the series could have  colour palette available too. But, the same could be said for model editions and  years....
Im sure a WKC veteran could probably answer that better though

-H

that makes me think that if these are actually made in the US, Weber could make a color-to-order option and paint them as individual orders come in. that would definitely satisfy the community!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 04:13:19 PM »

-H

thank you for the clarification. I've never understood Weber's naming scheme...Silver, Gold & Platinum would give one to think of a product's color, and it does not in this case. quite confusing! :P

For newer members unfamiliar with some acronyms.
 https://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/wkc-glossary-2017/

For Weber kettle history. http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/  which is on the top of the main forum.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 04:54:34 PM »
Nice.  I will have to remember that for the future.  If I find a colored 18" I really want to add an ash bucket just like that if it doesn't already have one.  Nice midget mod btw.  Interesting how you made the front leg wider.  Hadn't seen that before.

The idea came from these hard to come by Euro kettles. I like doing unique mods.  ;D
(using member's pic to show what it looks like.)

I tried to emulate the back legs too but without proper size bender... wasn't worth trying. Instead, I used 1/2" width aluminum spacer between wheels to give that true dually truck look. Form and function accomplished. ( cool look and some extra stability for both front and back legs)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 04:58:33 PM by greenweb »

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 08:54:33 PM »
These Eurolegs were made from 81 to 84 for the european market.
The background of them is, you can step with your foot at the fronthook and push it in the ground of your garden. You can spy at the rear legs a clip. With this clip you can fix the rear wheels.
This photo i believe is from @Jan M from Germany

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 03:58:39 AM »

The idea came from these hard to come by Euro kettles. I like doing unique mods.  ;D
(using member's pic to show what it looks like.)

I tried to emulate the back legs too but without proper size bender... wasn't worth trying. Instead, I used 1/2" width aluminum spacer between wheels to give that true dually truck look. Form and function accomplished. ( cool look and some extra stability for both front and back legs)

It is very surprising how strong the legs of these things really are.  I tried to bend one so I could add a caster to the front leg not that long ago.  It was a super pain just to get it to bend a little bit and I really didn't even get the leg in a straight down fashion for the caster and only did a so so job of making the bend.  It works, but I would never try to do a bend like that Euro leg.  Cool concept though if I run on to someone that has one haha.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.