Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from Nor-Cal(Fairfield, CA)  (Read 646 times)

mad-ass

• Happy Cooker
Hello from Nor-Cal(Fairfield, CA)
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »
Hello WKC, I have recently gained massive interest in wanting a kettle for myself(due to summer time coming up, and also easier and tastier meal prep), so I went searching and found myself reading WKC for few weeks. 

I went on a search on FB market, offer-up, and Good'ol Craigslist and had book marked few and waited until it felt right to buy one to my liking.  My only criteria was that it had to be a 22" Weber kettle in good price and shape, and about a week ago I picked this kettle up about 1 hr drive away from home. 

From what I can gather from the age guide, it is a Weber from 1962-1968(I'm thinking 1962 myself), but few things on it is misleading me. but regardless I think it is a weber kettle. 
Here are some pics of my new to me pick up.

^I didn't have any charcoal related tools, so I went shopping or the goodies the same day.

Thanks for looking, and I will be posting my questions in proper sections.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hello from Nor-Cal(Fairfield, CA)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »
Welcome from NorWis.  The accessories are Weber.  The grill is not.

mad-ass

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:25:35 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Grillagin,
What makes you say the grill is not Weber? From what I read and researched, no other grills had that bottom shelf design.

Then again, I am here to learn. (I've posted on Weber Grill Forum section with all my questions. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/help-me-determine-the-age-of-my-kettle-and-proper-replacement-parts-please/)

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 02:15:14 AM »
My guess is it’s a 70’s kettle, not a Weber. There was the  “happy cooker” company who got served a cease and desist for patent infringement on Weber’s design that were quite similar, and Weber also sold their products for a bit under retailers’ house labeled brand names (kenmore, Kmart). The charbroil handle Im not familiar with though, but it looks to be the same style as some of the other kettles from the 70s that I mentioned. Also the proportions of the kettle appear to be slightly different from Weber (the lid looks to be a bit larger than the bowl to my eye). Color looks nice though, sure it will cook some good food.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 04:43:40 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga Not a Weber, but a nice grill. happy cooker with a char broil handle ? Char broil ?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 04:57:23 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA. Looks like it's a Happy Cooker, and in great shape. @brewtownbeatdown has one like it, with the Charbroil branded handles. It is somewhat of a collectors item, if yours came with an internal ash pan.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 05:29:09 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  You found a cool starter kettle.  Not a Weber, or Happy Cooker.  It’s definitely a Char-Broil. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

mad-ass

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome.

I am certainly not in the market to collect any kettles, so it seems right that I sell the thing and buy an actual weber instead.  Someone out there is looking to buy one to collect while all I want to do is cook with it.

smukingNUTbbq

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:53 PM »
Welcome from just up the road in Roseville.