Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Restoring My Father's Grill  (Read 554 times)

jkelly

• Happy Cooker
Restoring My Father's Grill
« on: June 10, 2019, 03:49:42 AM »
Happy to have found this group! I was searching for an ordered replacement wood handles for my father's grill that I inherited when he passed away over a decade ago. On average I grill once per week. More in the warm weather, less in the winter. I've never owned a gas grill and while I imagine they are convenient, I find the process of prepping the coal gets me into the zone for cooking. Similar to hand chopping food rather than using a food processor. :)

Looking forward to restoring my father's grill for Father's Day this year!

John

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: Restoring My Father's Grill
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 04:04:52 AM »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:31:00 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga can't wait to see some pics of Dad's old grill
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 05:38:41 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  There really is something special about using things that have been passed down from generation(s). 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 01:26:45 PM »
Welcome from Chicago.

I bought a gas grill once.  It was maybe a Thermos brand or something that was clearance at the end of the season at Target.  It sat at my old house for years without ever getting fired up.  Eventually, the black paint peeled off the aluminum & I just brought it out to the curb. 

The first Weber that I bought was a Smokey Joe at a garage sale that I brought off to college.  I bought a cheapie chimney & would light the coals & then walk over to a nearby store to buy a piece of meat to cook on it.  When I got back, the coals would be good to go. 
regards,
Hal