Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rare Weber for WKC meet showoff  (Read 56735 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Rare Weber for WKC meet showoff
« on: June 11, 2013, 08:47:19 AM »
AJ and I have been in touch with Jeff for a kettle that he has been looking for his collection.

Since we can't make it to the Chicago WKC meet maybe one day we can have a meetup of the Cali chapter. In the meantime the West Coast founders of WKC, Duke & HeyJude on behalf of Team Cali would like to present this kettle to the remaining founders before it takes it's permanent place in Jeff's collection. PBE Gummi Bear has been kind enough to transport the kettle to Chicago.

My dad actually found this one. On saturdays he like to go to out of town estate and town garage sales. After seeing my collection and my pictures from the old Weber catalogs he finally scored a very rare one. I was shocked when he dropped his rare find off at my house. I will not be able to share more pictures until after the mee at Jeff's so be patient until then everyone.

Stay tuned folks! ;)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rare Weber for WKC meet showoff
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »

This.....wait a minute...............THIS GETS MY VOTE FOR "TEASE OF THE YEAR" & WE'RE NOT EVEN HALF DONE YET !!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:59:47 AM »
 :o

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:02:19 AM »

"I will not be able to share more pictures until after the meet at Jeff's so be patient until then everyone."

.....MORE PICTURES?

......is there at least ONE......to then make it MORE?

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
Sorry, but the meet is only a few days away, so be patient. I just wanted everyone to know there is going to be more to look forward to at the meet. I can't post a picture because then it wouldn't be a surprise. Like I said, stay tuned...................

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »
'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:28:38 PM by DoppelBock »

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »
Wow!
Hey Greg, we should drive over there just for that! It's only a six or seven hour drive  ;)

@ $4 a gallon, My Hemi would eat up some fuel...
The tease is like a small child waiting for Santa... ;D

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »

"The tease is like a small child waiting for Santa..."

WAY, WAY WORSE........ever get just a picture of what you wanted from Mr. F'in CLAUS ?

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
Ok I'll play along, you're not bringing it to Brian so that rules out Happy Cookers. AJs involved but he's not keeping it so it wasn't free. You're not keeping it but we all know that your warehouse couldn't even hold "one more wafer thin" grill or it would explode(unless it was a yellow offset SJ). PBE Gummi Bear is transporting it so it isn't  optimized for paella or his wife would claim it (damn I can't get that paella out of my mind). So that means its going to Jeff's collection. We've all seen Jeff's collection, he's got one of everything, so what could it be , what's the one thing he doesn't have?? It can only be one thing, the one thing he doesn't have....a Black OTS :)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 10:06:45 AM »
Ok I'll play along, you're not bringing it to Brian so that rules out Happy Cookers. AJs involved but he's not keeping it so it wasn't free. You're not keeping it but we all know that your warehouse couldn't even hold "one more wafer thin" grill or it would explode(unless it was a yellow offset SJ). PBE Gummi Bear is transporting it so it isn't  optimized for paella or his wife would claim it (damn I can't get that paella out of my mind). So that means its going to Jeff's collection. We've all seen Jeff's collection, he's got one of everything, so what could it be , what's the one thing he doesn't have?? It can only be one thing, the one thing he doesn't have....a Black OTS :)

Quit guessin'.....you'll only increase the pain...............

.....besides, it's one of those "spiderweb" paint jobs like Reilly has, I bet.....

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »
'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:28:49 PM by DoppelBock »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »

No response from "THE DUKE" .....that can only mean that I've guessed it out....

.....is this the same thing Jeff was talking about elsewhere....or does he have TWO bell-ringers for display that day?

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »
How unfair, I'm being Profiled! I keep and I trade and I sell, all in good time..
For me, its all about the rarity and the hunt..There was some talk about "Punking" Jeff about his aboration for "Black Kettles", but that just seemed boring. We also thought about placing a whole bunch of Craigslist ads on Friday night Saturday,so all the Chicago boys would be pissed off that they couldn't get them, cause they were drignking beer at Jeff's. Now that would be funny!
But once Shaun found this gem, (I have touched it in the flesh, err metal) we just knew it had to go to Chicago for the meet up. It will be as they say, wait for it, wait for ti, "Epic". AJ  8)

Oh, and I peronally could give a crap if Brain doesn't like Happy Cookers.. The story, the history is all Weber related. I tried to get Idahawk to sell me his red one, but he thinks the way I do.
So he's keeping it, damn.
OK, going back to my hammock now and take my meds.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 12:16:20 PM »
Oh how I wish I could go to Chicago Saturday!!!  :'(
Duke, Do we get to guess?  :D

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
I understand they'll be live blogging the event, including video.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch