Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: In search of lead vent.  (Read 569 times)

Al b que

• WKC Brave
In search of lead vent.
« on: May 22, 2019, 02:46:01 PM »
Long time since last post. Anyway I'm searching for a lid vent for non patent Bar B Q kettle small tab. The one on my Texan spins like a roulette wheel and beat all to crap. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my VS988 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: In search of lead vent.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 03:29:57 AM »
? if your going to have to remove it to replace it why not remove and reshape it then rerivet back on ?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:17:05 AM »
I was trying to get some scratches out and almost sanded away the L in the e. Thought of that just one in better shape would look better.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 05:50:12 AM »
It looks like its lifted off the lid a little bit, instead of cutting it off or beating on it with a hammer...try CPR.

Place the lid on a solid surface like a table top or wood work bench. (Some place that won't rash the rim especially)
Put both hands over the vent and give it a push down, gently at first then push harder if the metal don't flex the first time.
Test the vent after every pump.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
In search of lead vent.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 05:58:15 AM »
If you plan on using it frequently, smoke and grease will seal it up. My wsm lid vent was lifted, flat, and spun like a top. After several cooks, it’s tight from grease and air tight enough to shut down the coal.

Yours doesn’t look as bad as mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 06:21:27 AM »
Will give that a try Hellfire. Just pisses me off cuz half of the E is missing