Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Problems ordering abroad???? Australia  (Read 870 times)

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Problems ordering abroad???? Australia
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:27:36 PM »
My wife ordered a 18 Ivory from Germany for me as a bday gift. I got to unpack and set it up last night and the paint/porcelain is damaged on the handle on the bowl. Has anyone had issues getting it fixed or replaced from another country?
It’s still a beautiful kettle but would love to have it perfect [emoji108]
I am waiting on Weber Germany to get back to me. Just want to know my chances

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:31:53 PM by Kain »

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
Re: Problems ordering abroad???? Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 01:01:02 AM »
Shouldn’t be a problem, friend of mine ordered ivory from Canada to the states (before they were available here) and they took care of problem no questions asked.

ISO Red Outrider.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 03:47:39 AM »
The German outfit is the supplier for Czech Republic also. If the friendly help I get from the Czech distributor is any indication, I expect they will get you fixed up no problem :)
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 04:32:58 AM »
Do you live in Germany?  If so, Weber Germany should help. If you live in America, contact Weber in America
Text @ 419-619-6379

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:51:28 AM »
I would start with the reseller where you purchased the kettle from. Maybe that seller will ship you a replacement bowl. The warranty from Weber is normally limited to countries/regions where it is sold. E.g. in North America it is limited to US, Canada and Mexico. In Europe is is limited to kettles sold over there. I would guess the same for Australia. You can contact Weber Australia, but my guess is that Weber Australia will not honor the warranty for a product purchased in Germany. They may not even have the option if the product is not officially sold in Australia.
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:51:10 PM »

I would start with the reseller where you purchased the kettle from. Maybe that seller will ship you a replacement bowl. The warranty from Weber is normally limited to countries/regions where it is sold. E.g. in North America it is limited to US, Canada and Mexico. In Europe is is limited to kettles sold over there. I would guess the same for Australia. You can contact Weber Australia, but my guess is that Weber Australia will not honor the warranty for a product purchased in Germany. They may not even have the option if the product is not officially sold in Australia.

Correct! Weber Australia can not help as its not purchased in Australia. They also said the warranty stays in the country of purchase. I have contacted Weber Germany just waiting on a reply. [emoji106]

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »
I bought a 22 from Canada n mines got a little of that too

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

D-WADE

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »
I hope you don’t have any problems with warranty. I just ordered an Ivory 18.5 from Germany too about an hour ago and I’m in the US. Let us know how it turns out. It would be a lot simpler for us in the States if Weber would just sell all their products here as well. 

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 04:02:33 AM »
Warranty issues sorted. Just need to pay another round of freight to Australia for the new parts. So glad Weber are great to deal with.

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 05:11:04 AM »
That ivory is super classy.  Glad the issue is getting fixed.

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Problems ordering abroad???? Australia
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 05:02:35 PM »
Funny story !!! The issue was meant to be fixed as I was awaiting the new parts of my 18” Ivory. Nine days later a box turns up. I was so excited to open it and have my kettle complete. Not sure if it’s the language barrier or what, but this is what I got! A full sized lid in spring green 🤦🏼‍♂️

Fingers crosses they come to the party! [emoji23]

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:56:09 PM by Kain »