Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shipping Kettles ??  (Read 402 times)

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
Shipping Kettles ??
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:25:32 PM »
So I bought the 22” Home Depot boxes. Is there a thread showing the best way to pack up 18” kettles in this box? Btw, using Tapatalk on my phone is not very user friendly. Especially all the adds which ask me to pay for a subscription when I try to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

Cellar2ful

Re: Shipping Kettles ??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »

Here is a link to a thread on shipping kettles.  It is listed on the WKC Home Page under Resources.

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2013/12/14/how-to-pack-and-ship-a-kettl

One change that has not been updated is Step #3. Do not pack the kettle with the leg sockets facing downwards.  Now it is recommended to pack the bowl with the lip facing down and the leg sockets facing upwards.   Put 1/2" pipe foam insulation around the lid lip and the bowl lip.  Place the lid in first, resting on the foam pipe insulation with the lid handle facing upwards.  Then place the bowl on top of the lid, with the bowl resting on the foam pipe insulation.  Follow the rest of the packing instructions.  Once the kettle and all parts are in the box, pack with appropriate packing material so there is no movement of any parts.  You want the box to close and not have any open space inside.   
"Chasing Classic Kettles"