Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 18" kabob ring skewer dimensions measurements (pics to follow)  (Read 366 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
After I scored a 18" ww that came with an 18" roti ring with 3 of the 4 skewers, another member asked for pics & dimensions.

I thought I'd post it so that others may find it in search in the future..

Wood handle is 3 & 3/4" long for all skewers.

The skewer blades are flat & appear to be made of approximately 1/16" thick stainless steel that is 1/4" wide.  I used to have some calipers, but don't know what I've done with them.  If I find them, I'll retake the measurements, just to see if it differs any.

The blades come in two different lengths, but otherwise appear to be identical.

SHORTER SKEWER BLADES- The length of the skewer blade measured from where it comes out from the handle to the point is 17 & 1/2" for the shorter skewers.  In other words, this measurement is for blade only and does not include whatever portion that extends inside the handle.  If you are trying to manufacture these, you obviously need a somewhat longer blade because a portion will need to go into the wood handle.  While you are them, you might as well make an extra one of the shorter skewer ones for me.  :o

LONGER SKEWER BLADES-The length of the skewer blade measured from where it comes out from the handle to the point is 19 & 3/4" for the longer skewers.  In other words, this measurement is for blade only and does not include whatever portion that extends inside the handle.  If you are trying to manufacture these, you obviously need a longer blade because a portion will need to go into the wood handle.

The point of the blade is approximately centered. Eyeballing it, it looks like basically a very small 45 degree angle cut to make these points. 

regards,
Hal

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
Oh great!!! Thank you for the info!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: 18" kabob ring skewer dimensions measurements (pics to follow)
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
I'll try getting pics in this evening.  I'll do some closeups of the handles and will try getting some additional dimensions that might be useful for the handles. 
regards,
Hal

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
I look forward to seeing some pictures. I can't get an image in my head of what this looks like, LoL!
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 10:19:18 AM »
Then, I'll include a pick of the kabob ring to give the skewers context.

I was originally just going to take pics of the skewers themselves.

I look forward to seeing some pictures. I can't get an image in my head of what this looks like, LoL!
regards,
Hal