Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Pack is Back! NFL Edition MT1  (Read 1119 times)

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: The Pack is Back! NFL Edition MT1
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 11:51:15 AM »
It really is something special.  I’m happy to have had this one in my collection!!!  I ended up acquiring it from a former member, for a good chunk of change, but wasn’t sure how exactly I wanted to spotlight it.  Was NEVER gonna be put into rotation.  Being NIB, there’s something cool about keeping it that way.  However, then it’s not on display (which requires cleaning/dusting).  I’ve been friends with Dennis for a few years, but until last year, I never realized that Gen.1 MTs were his “grail collection”.  After finding this out, I kinda knew what I should do with my Packer MT.  One day Dennis texted me something like “I finally got a brownie MT...now my collection is complete”.  Anyone that knows me, knows I like to bust balls.  So...I ecstatically text him back “Congrats, but you’re still missing one!!!” with this pic:

Of course, I didn’t immediately let on my intentions.  Had to take some wind out his sails, before offering it to him.  However, I wasn’t done F’ing with him.  So I threw out an over the top eBay kinda price, just to make it seem way outta reach.  After a couple weeks, I decided to get serious & start the dealing.  We all know that I coulda put it on eBay & likely gotten a payday, but true friends come before funds any day.  I’m also not one who feels right profiting much from friends, so we settled for just below my purchase price + a Euro Ivory SJ + a promise.  Well Dennis being Dennis, decided to throw in some extra goodies, including these pristine grails:

I’ll miss having it in my collection, but knowing that it’s in “the right place” makes it easier.  Helps to have a Packers SJ to stare at still. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 11:59:08 AM »
It really is something special.  I’m happy to have had this one in my collection!!!  I ended up acquiring it from a former member, for a good chunk of change, but wasn’t sure how exactly I wanted to spotlight it.  Was NEVER gonna be put into rotation.  Being NIB, there’s something cool about keeping it that way.  However, then it’s not on display (which requires cleaning/dusting).  I’ve been friends with Dennis for a few years, but until last year, I never realized that Gen.1 MTs were his “grail collection”.  After finding this out, I kinda knew what I should do with my Packer MT.  One day Dennis texted me something like “I finally got a brownie MT...now my collection is complete”.  Anyone that knows me, knows I like to bust balls.  So...I ecstatically text him back “Congrats, but you’re still missing one!!!” with this pic:

Of course, I didn’t immediately let on my intentions.  Had to take some wind out his sails, before offering it to him.  However, I wasn’t done F’ing with him.  So I threw out an over the top eBay kinda price, just to make it seem way outta reach.  After a couple weeks, I decided to get serious & start the dealing.  We all know that I coulda put it on eBay & likely gotten a payday, but true friends come before funds any day.  I’m also not one who feels right profiting much from friends, so we settled for just below my purchase price + a Euro Ivory SJ + a promise.  Well Dennis being Dennis, decided to throw in some extra goodies, including these pristine grails:

I’ll miss having it in my collection, but knowing that it’s in “the right place” makes it easier.  Helps to have a Packers SJ to stare at still. 

Good words from a grate grillfella
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 05:53:39 PM »
Grate grill.  Grate story.  Could only be improved with a Chicago Bears logo!

bladz

• WKC Ranger
The Pack is Back! NFL Edition MT1
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 06:17:05 PM »
Great explanation Mike. I tried getting all my thoughts of the entire chain of events written up, but I would have had about 3 pages of text.  You summed everything up just right.

The ride back home that day took about a half hour longer than normal as I had to stop a few times just to make sure it was really a NIB Packer MT. 

As a lifelong Packer fan growing up 25 miles from Lambeau Field really make this grill special.  That along with the complete MT1 collection I have is over the top.

Thank you again for making a dream kettle acquisition come true.  It’s people  like you that make this HANDS DOWN the best Weber kettle group there is.

Btw if you look closely that one “pristine grail” I threw in the deal has a brown bowl if that counts for anything. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:20:29 PM by bladz »

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
Whoah! Now that's a beauty!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
Congrats on the score.  I knew I couldn't be the only one with a matched pair.

First NITB NFL MT I have seen. 

I am still on the hunt for the Chiefs NFL Genesis that seems to be even rarer
than the MT. 

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 05:57:25 PM »

Congrats on the score.  I knew I couldn't be the only one with a matched pair.

First NITB NFL MT I have seen. 

I am still on the hunt for the Chiefs NFL Genesis that seems to be even rarer
than the MT.

Very nice duo!  I also have a NIB never assembled Packer SJ I picked up a few years back.  I’ll have to get them together one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club