Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question on height difference between Premium Kettle and Master-Touch  (Read 789 times)

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
I have seen that the Master-Touch is a bit higher than the Premium Kettle. Is this just through the larger wheels (8" vs 6") and probably a longer front leg or are all the legs longer?
I have a 22" Premium kettle which I like to raise in height since I am a tall guy. I have several 8" wheels left over from my recent gas grill renovations and I am trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to get the kettle a bit higher.
Thanks
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
I think it is about the same height with a long front leg and wheels. I did what you mentioned with an old redhead. I also just got a MT I will line them up and post a pic in a bit.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:50:03 AM by Red_5_Wrangler »
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:23:18 AM by GermanTex »
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
I have seen that the Master-Touch is a bit higher than the Premium Kettle. Is this just through the larger wheels (8" vs 6") and probably a longer front leg or are all the legs longer?
I have a 22" Premium kettle which I like to raise in height since I am a tall guy. I have several 8" wheels left over from my recent gas grill renovations and I am trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to get the kettle a bit higher.
Thanks

Longer front leg and 8inch wheels leaves it right between premium and master touch heights.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
https://youtu.be/dljACO_qSus
Here is another way to make longer legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
This is even better. Thanks for these ideas. I love that video from Tom Horsman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXQQz6B5Luw

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
I am going to get a little bit of a raise on the height of mine by going from 6 inch wheels to 8 inch lawn mower wheels (1 inch raise).  Also plan on putting a caster on the 3rd leg to level it out since the third leg wouldn't be long enough.  I am not very tall though and just wanted it to sit closer and look similar to my performer.   

You could look into a master touch leg kit, a new triangle at the bottom (they are a different size), and some aftermarket wheels.  However, that is still probably a $70+ expense that I wouldn't do unless you got your grill on a close out or cheap.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
I started on mine last night but I was not able to finish it because it got dark. Extended the legs with conduit by six inches.

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
Finished it tonight. Thanks for all the links. This was really easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club