Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Couldn’t pass on the Spirit.  (Read 734 times)

jmike314

• WKC Brave
Couldn’t pass on the Spirit.
« on: May 11, 2019, 08:15:37 PM »
Saw a Spirit pop up on the LetGo about a week ago. Coincidentally, Mom had mentioned she wanted a new grill for her patio.

I figured a charcoal grill would be counterproductive for her so I made a move on the Spirit. Guy was wanting to get rid of it and asked 75$. Clearly it was missing the cabinet door so I shot him an offer of 50$. He accepted and I picked it up this morning.

It’s a 2015 and I was pleasantly surprised to see it game with the GBS porcelain coated iron grates. As an added bonus, it also cane with the GBS iron griddle. The griddle alone is priced at 40$...so I guess Yay for me.

Then I spent the rest of my day cleaning, scrubbing, scraping, washing, rinsing, etc. The box was caked with grime & the grates were a mess.....never cleaned as far as I could tell - found a little rust but not bad enough for me to freak out. A half a can of EasyOff & a few SOS pads later she was ready. Threw a fresh tank underneath and it fired right up (I was worried about the electric igniter).

Guess I’ll swing by Mom’s tomorrow and drop it off.

Before...

After.....

Anybody know where I can get a door for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:20:39 PM by jmike314 »
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
Re: Couldn’t pass on the Spirit.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 03:20:20 AM »
That one does not use a traditional hinged door.  It uses the removable mesh panel
like this one:

https://www.webercyprus.com/images/46010075%20SPIRIT%20CLASSIC%20E210.png

I was unable to get a part # with a quick google search.  I would call Weber, register it, get a part# and
you should be able to find one that way. 

jmike314

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 03:41:46 AM »
That one does not use a traditional hinged door.  It uses the removable mesh panel
like this one:

https://www.webercyprus.com/images/46010075%20SPIRIT%20CLASSIC%20E210.png

I was unable to get a part # with a quick google search.  I would call Weber, register it, get a part# and
you should be able to find one that way.

Thank you very much, sir.
I like that mesh better than the door anyway.
Think I’ll get on that right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 07:11:26 AM »

Congratulations.  Great score.  Here is a link for the schematic to your Spirit grill.  The door/screen is part #64814.  You should be able to purchase it direct from Weber CS  800-446-1071

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=46113101
"Chasing Classic Kettles"