Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hinge Mod on a Performer Premium Grill Cart  (Read 1049 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Hinge Mod on a Performer Premium Grill Cart
« on: May 10, 2019, 06:36:35 PM »
I am curious if anyone has installed the Unknown BBQ hinge or any other hinge on a Performer before?  The lid holder that is currently on it just isn't getting much love from me.  Half of the time I use the table just for the lid because I have difficulties getting to the left hand side of the grill. 

I figure the unknown hinge would work with the best position being the back left hand corner near the frame rather than directly left in the middle of the two frame bars.  Then you could use some hardware and sealer to close off the holes left from the lid holder (or install some kind of hanger for other tools and etc.).  What would be more ideal would be a hinge that would fasten to the cart frame and allow the hinge to tilt back further and be completely out of the way.  I think the existing Unknown hinge doesn't go further back because it would unbalance the grill (tipping risk) and be less sturdy on a standard Weber.   However, I don't have a fabricator friend that works in stainless so we work with what we got. 

I have another Weber Premium grill that I might order the hinge for and do some test fitting on the Performer as well and report back. 
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
Re: Hinge Mod on a Performer Premium Grill Cart
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 07:19:19 AM »
I agree, I don’t have a lot of love for the lid holder especially on the older performers. I find it hard to access the entire cooking area with the lid leaning over the grate. I added a small hook just because I’m usually using the table when I grill and couldn’t put the lid there. I never thought about using a hinge. I do have the Unknown hinge on a 26er and I love it. The 26er lids have some weight to them. The hinge makes it simple to maneuver. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club