Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Some Jerk.  (Read 1934 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Some Jerk.
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
My first attempt at Jerk chicken. Cooked the breasts indirect until they hit 150 degrees and then seared them until 160 degrees and let them come up to 165 degrees while they rested. I didn't have any pimento  wood so I used a little bit of apple chips to add a little smoke. We used Walker'swood Jerk seasoning and injected the chicken with a blend of the seasoning and butter. I sprayed the breasts with Red Stripe once it was on the grill. My Father in law is from Jamaica , he loved it . I finished up the meal by grilling up some pineapple slices from a can with some brown sugar sprinkled on it over vanilla ice cream.

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Some Jerk.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »
That looks pretty good from here! Nice work!  :D

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
Some Jerk.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »
Did you use mild or spicy?  I did the same yesterday with a mix of both; I like the heat and straight spicy seems like it would've been overkill.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »
Nice job, jerk seasoning has a great flavor. I need to get some walkerswood.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Some Jerk.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »
Great looking jerk chicken! I need to add this to my list too cook soon never had it before gasp!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 06:04:07 AM »
Used the mild....was still spicey. It was 107 yesterday.....I could have just left the chicken sitting outside on a plate and cooked it!
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

f2benny

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
The Walkerswood is a pretty good sauce.  Grace is also a good brand.  Injecting never occurred to me, but I will try that.  I also like to make a sauce for basting at the end with some ketchup and molasses added to the jerk for a bbq like glaze at the end to give a bit of sweetness to the chicken.  Love that jerk chicken!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 04:48:32 AM »
Lots of good looking chicken!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......