Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Serial number for my Gas Go Anywhere  (Read 637 times)

bethanyckemp

• Happy Cooker
Serial number for my Gas Go Anywhere
« on: April 24, 2019, 05:35:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just received my first Weber grill, the Weber Gas Go Anywhere from my dad as a gift. I'm pretty sure he's had it for awhile, but it's brand new. I need to register it because the igniter was broken when I took it out of the box.

My manual is from 1999 and the handles are plastic. I'm guessing it's model number 1530 and the front of the manual has the number 55014 0999.

I was told the serial number would be on the burner tube, but it's not.

Any ideas where I can find this info? It's shows on the registration page that I need to enter a serial number prefix (all of the choices are two letters).

Thanks for your help!
Bethany

Cellar2ful

Re: Serial number for my Gas Go Anywhere
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:47:19 PM »

Welcome to the Forum.  Good question.  I went out and checked the Gas Go Anywhere I have in the garage and could not find a date code or serial number on mine either. Did you take the burner tube out of the grill?  I wonder if the two letter date code is stamped either on the bottom or on the L shaped mounting bracket of the burner tube.   Dating a Charcoal Go Anywhere is much easier as the date code is stamped on the lid vents.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 08:56:10 PM »
You should call Weber directly and they can help you register it and possibly send you a new igniter. Weber has awesome customer service. It’ll be much easier that way.
Enjoy your go-anywhere. That’s a great propane grill you have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »
Let me know if you need an ignighter. Just so happen i have 2 parts gga's laying around. More than happy to send you one if you cant get it registered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app