Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2nd time kettle owner  (Read 491 times)

Chetter

• Happy Cooker
2nd time kettle owner
« on: April 19, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »
The first bbq I ever bought was a base model kettle. That was nearly 20 years ago. About 10 years ago, my brother bought me a beautiful lp bbq for my birthday. I didnt have room for both and although I always preferred wood/charcoal to cook with, I gave my Weber away. It was in fantastic condition and the woman I gave it to was so happy to have it.  Last season the big charbroil was too far gone. I kept good care of it but it rusted way to easily and I didnt feel it was worth rebuilding. I haven't been in a good position to purchase a new Q and last season was virtually bbq-less.[emoji25] last Friday I walked into a habitat for humanity on a work call, I stumbled upon this beauty. It was filthy but looked like it was solid. It is an obvious upgrade from my base model back in the day. After a little research, thanks WKC, I found that it is a first generation master touch built in 1996. After figuring the best way to clean the filth, thanks again WKC, it's looking pretty mint. I've used it twice in the last week! Some t-bones and the best chicken drumsticks  I've ever done on a bbq. Again, thanks you WKC for the recipe. After all the help I recieved, I had to join  the club. I'm already planning on adding at least one more kettle and a gas grill to the collection so that I can do full meal cooks. I'm really bad at doing before and after pictures but there are some mid process stills and a good after. I plan to do a full breakdown and restore this summer. I look forward to learning more from you all.

P.S. $20 was the purchase price! Somedays luck finds me in odd places.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 2nd time kettle owner
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 12:06:54 PM »
Welcome from Doraville Ga,  nice intro post sweet MT you are well on the way to Weberitis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  No matter how fancy they make gassers, including Weber, you just can’t beat the classic Weber Kettle.  Grate score & nice cleanup. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 01:16:41 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

wgjones3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 01:17:12 PM »
Man, that's beautiful. Welcome!