Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ISO: Genesis 2000 Parts  (Read 1664 times)

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
ISO: Genesis 2000 Parts
« on: February 26, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
Hey Guys- I recently purchased a NG Genesis 2000 that I'm trying to convert to LP. Would rather get these in used condition rather than buy new, some of them are discontinued and no longer available. I'm trying to locate the propane fuel scale, tank panel (what the scale attaches to), hose/ regulator (I know this can be found online), and (3) 3/8" LP Orifices. Anyone have some extra pieces they're willing to part with?

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
Re: ISO: Genesis 2000 Parts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 11:51:43 AM »
Tank Panel Assembly

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 11:53:44 AM »
Fuel Scale

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 11:56:02 AM »
Orifice Location and Item

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »
Pulled from parts pile, PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »
Just in case there's any question about what the orifice actually is, I circled it. Thanks for the help so far!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »

You beat me to it, @Charlie!

Just in case there's any question about what the orifice actually is, I circled it. Thanks for the help so far!

@GrillSavage/Ryan - I may be able to help with this orifice.  I'll check when I get home from work and let you know.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 01:46:15 PM »

You beat me to it, @Charlie!

@GrillSavage/Ryan - I may be able to help with this orifice.  I'll check when I get home from work and let you know.

@Bob BQ

Thanks! If you have the small wheel assembly that the tank would roll down I am in need of that to complete the tank panel assembly.

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 06:23:34 PM »
Does the manifold also have to be a LP manifold as well? Thought if the orifices and regulator were changed LP it would be fine. I saw a couple threads on here but no one seemed to be 100% positive if the manifold was necessary. Any suggestions/ advice are appreciated.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »

Does the manifold also have to be a LP manifold as well? Thought if the orifices and regulator were changed LP it would be fine. I saw a couple threads on here but no one seemed to be 100% positive if the manifold was necessary. Any suggestions/ advice are appreciated.

I’ve got the orifices for you. Not sure if the entire manifold needs to be swapped or not. Let me know if you’d like the entire manifold.

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 07:50:44 PM »

I’ve got the orifices for you. Not sure if the entire manifold needs to be swapped or not. Let me know if you’d like the entire manifold.

PM sent @Bob BQ

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 03:11:13 AM »
 ^ this is why this club rocks
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 04:31:07 AM »
^ this is why this club rocks
Agree 1000%!

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Brian ATL

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »

You need the LP manifold its just not the orifices, the valve bodies are ported differently also as they are fixed so three holes with a groove so you have stops to low, medium and high.  Nat gas has larger openings than LP so the valve bodies will have larger openings.  Will it work by changing the orifices to the smaller LP yes it will but low will not be low and medium will not be medium.  It will never work the way it was supposed to can you learn to cook on it yes you can, will you be happy can't answer that.

Of course do not take my word for it there are various threads if you search on other forums which will verify what I said.  Swapping out the manifold is the only proper solution if you want it to operate like a factory LP grill.