Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smokey Joe Ash Bucket Ideas  (Read 1495 times)

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
Smokey Joe Ash Bucket Ideas
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:28:47 PM »
I have been trying to come up with ideas for making a SJ ashbucket. Has anyone made one?

jimz

• WKC Brave
Re: Smokey Joe Ash Bucket Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 02:31:17 AM »
I have the jumbo joe and am trying to come up with something for that as well. Keep us posted when u came up with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 01:04:13 PM »
@jimz The Jumbo Joe has the side vents and doesn't really need an ash bucket. As far as a One Touch 18.5 goes they sell them. What I want is a smaller version of the ash catcher like the Galley Q and Flamenco had. The design can be different, but something that will catch the ashes is what I have in mind.

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 02:00:02 PM »
@harris92 Here's an example of what I have in mind. If we could get the base traced where it locks onto the legs maybe one could be made. It wouldn't look the same, but it would catch the ashes nicely.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:05:36 PM by Bodhi »

jimz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »
@jimz The Jumbo Joe has the side vents and doesn't really need an ash bucket. As far as a One Touch 18.5 goes they sell them. What I want is a smaller version of the ash catcher like the Galley Q and Flamenco had. The design can be different, but something that will catch the ashes is what I have in mind.

My jumbo only has one 3 hole vent centered on the bottom of the kettle. I hate the ash tray on it.

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 04:12:53 PM »
@jimz Oh, it's the new model. Got it! I bet an internal ash pan would also work on a Smokey joe and a JJ. Try setting your ash pan inside on the tabs below the charcoal grate.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »
@jimz Oh, it's the new model. Got it! I bet an internal ash pan would also work on a Smokey joe and a JJ. Try setting your ash pan inside on the tabs below the charcoal grate.

I do that with my 18" with 3 three daisy wheels.  I use an old beat up ash pan beneath the charcoal grate.  Someone suggested doing that here on the Forum a while ago and it works fantastic.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 08:56:50 AM »

I do that with my 18" with 3 three daisy wheels.  I use an old beat up ash pan beneath the charcoal grate.  Someone suggested doing that here on the Forum a while ago and it works fantastic.
@Cellar2Full Let me know if you come up with an internal ash pan idea for a smokey joe. I'm thinking an old pot lid might work.