Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Question  (Read 617 times)

Raindog

• WKC Brave
Rotisserie Question
« on: February 06, 2019, 08:47:37 AM »
I have an older 22" Weber rotisserie setup that I've never used. It is the same style as the one in this Ebay listing. There are only holes on each side of the ring as opposed to newer styles that have a notched out area on handle side. I've Looked online for instructions on how to use and came up empty. How are you to place spit in ring? Are you supposed to attach handle after positioning? I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm boneheading but could use some advice. :-[

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292949356055?ul_noapp=true

Cellar2ful

Re: Rotisserie Question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:55:50 AM »

That older style rotisserie ring was designed to be used with a spit rod that had no handle.  You would put one side of the rod through one hole and push it back far enough so the other end would fit in the opposite hole.  It's fun balancing and doing it over hot coals.  Only way to use a spit rod with a handle on those is to either remove the handle or cut a notch on the rotisserie ring, opposite from the motor side.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Raindog

• WKC Brave
Re: Rotisserie Question
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 09:08:15 AM »

That older style rotisserie ring was designed to be used with a spit rod that had no handle.  You would put one side of the rod through one hole and push it back far enough so the other end would fit in the opposite hole.  It's fun balancing and doing it over hot coals.  Only way to use a spit rod with a handle on those is to either remove the handle or cut a notch on the rotisserie ring, opposite from the motor side.

Wow! Now I know why it came with a second spit rod that had detachable handle. Likely will be dragging the dremel tool out.  ;D

Thanks for the info.