Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2019 four great years! In the Weber Kettle Club  (Read 2075 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
2019 four great years! In the Weber Kettle Club
« on: January 04, 2019, 11:43:20 AM »
Let me tell you a shot story… first I’m Irish if it ends within the day its short! LOL
Hello to all WKC Members. April 2019 (I know early but I wanted to do this last year) will be a big month for me; it will be four years in April since I joined the Weber Kettle Club.
Looking back on four years of grilling, posting, making new friends, collecting, and rescuing that wonderful piece of lovely shaped round steel with the porcelain enamel finish in all of its glory we all know and love. It got me thinking of how far all of us have come in the club.

I started out with Weber gassers (4) of them, (2) SJ’s and (1) OTP Blue. I’ll give the credit to my OTB blue for it helping me find the club. I searched Google and the site popped up and saw all the great food that all of you cooked on a kettle and being a stubborn Irishman said “I can do this”.
What I loved about WKC was how honest everyone was! I saw that even if your food turned out dry, tough, or just okay you posted it and said what you thought went wrong and how you would improve next time. In a sense giving all of us your experience on your cook.

My first few attempts at new food to charcoal grill were so so. After a few mistakes I was going to figure this out no matter what. With the help from this club and the great people we have in it I fully believe you can cook for 2 people and if you have enough grills, time,  and or grill space… 60 people! I know I’ve done it.

What I am most impressed with is the comradery between the members. If you need help for yourself post it and you have ideas coming in the same day, If you need something post it; you know never know, it may just end up at your door a few days later. The Get together’s is a great time The Annual Chicago Meet up (The Only One I’ve made it to since joining over the years), West Coast Meet up, Mid Atlantic Meet up, and so many more. The contests are another big thing for the site. Some members host with some people donating winning items to the events. Where else do you find this? I myself always look forward to the Calendar, Secret Santa, and St Patrick’s Day cook off.

Now days my collection is a forever a moving target and so is my deck. I may have 50 plus grills for five or six months and 35 the next, which happens. I’ll sell one to buy one, trade one for one, Custom build one, or just give one to a friend or family member as a gift.
To the members new to the club if I can give you some advice; if you give a grill away, agent someone in need, or just post your opinions, or post some finds you just know you are not going to pickup. You will receive what we call Kettle Karma! “Ya It’s A Thing” Your good deeds will be returned.

So now I’ve told you about my last almost four years in the club let me show you  a bunch pictures of said years in no particular order of some food I’ve done, grills I have restored, and other…

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 11:52:59 AM by Shoestringshop »
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: 2019 four great years! In the Weber Kettle Club
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
Well said, from a grate WKC'er and someone I call a friend
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 12:14:32 PM »
Thank you @JEBIV I was gong to wait until the date... but I knew I’d forget.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »
Here's to four more, and forty four after that!

These things, I warmly wish for you:
Something to cook, a Restore to do,
A bit of o’ flame, a bit o’ smoke.
And that your kettle grail won't leave you broke.
Retired

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 01:45:37 PM »
Here's to four more, and forty four after that!

These things, I warmly wish for you:
Something to cook, a Restore to do,
A bit of o’ flame, a bit o’ smoke.
And that your kettle grail won't leave you broke.

That was written like a Irish Christmas card.  Thank you kind sir...

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 04:57:28 AM »
Very well said. Congrats on your 4yr anniversary.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 05:43:52 AM »
@Darko thanks I’ve wanted to post this for the past year but kept putting it off. So I thought I’d send it out early so now I can’t forget. Lol

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 03:29:54 PM »
Happy 4th anniversary! Sweet grills!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »
@Darko thanks I’ve wanted to post this for the past year but kept putting it off. So I thought I’d send it out early so now I can’t forget. Lol
March will be my third year here. All I can say is that it has been a wonderful  ride! Along with you, I have met many wonderful people that I would love to call friends, even though we have not met in person. I'm looking forward to many more years at the Weber Kettle Club.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »
Well said Dan! You are definitely a great grillfella! Great grills and of course, that sweet dual otp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
Happy four year anniversary!  Some awesome pics as well as your awesome cooks!  Keep it going Grillfella!

I raise my glass to you with warm weather wishes...

(The thermometer I am holding says 74 degrees)
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 08:01:34 PM »
Well said Dan! You are definitely a great grillfella! Great grills and of course, that sweet dual otp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks my friend! I still use that dual otp almost every day. Everynow and then toss the blue, red, or dare I say a gasser into the mix.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 08:09:43 PM »
Happy four year anniversary!  Some awesome pics as well as your awesome cooks!  Keep it going Grillfella!

I raise my glass to you with warm weather wishes...

(The thermometer I am holding says 74 degrees)

Thanks my fellow Grillfella I’d take some some warmer and dryer weather about now. Not so nice out today.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:23 AM »
Here’s to many more years!  Great pics food and grills.

Bring on the cold. I miss winter and it’s been too warm here. My beer doesn’t even freeze when I forget and leave it outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app