Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: History help...  (Read 1710 times)

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
History help...
« on: December 23, 2018, 05:43:10 AM »
I have this cart, (purchased from a member here) would like to know the history about this model in particular... (not the full size performer) Production dates, model number, etc., anything I’ve searched online comes up w a million different models... so I’ve come to the experts for clarification...

TIA and Merry Christmas!!!

Vinny

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: History help...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
One touch plus i beleave its called. Its like the old model of the new flip down side table performer. No whistles just 1 bell. Came in a bunch of colors, no gas assist and the lid did not come with any thermometer.  The tables tend to break right at the middle bolt. Other than that perfect candidate to rehab a legless kettle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 07:07:14 AM »
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/hunter-green-platinum/msg40609/#msg40609

Heres another discussion on the OTP. I like the paint on that one might need to do the same to mine.

Nice pick up! Happy Holidays
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 07:12:10 AM »
These One-Touch Platinums are pretty cool.  Most of the ones I’ve picked up were “DD” codes, which matches the print date on the owners manual.  These definitely come with stainless sweepers, so grab them if you can. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 07:19:31 AM »

One touch plus i beleave its called. Its like the old model of the new flip down side table performer. No whistles just 1 bell. Came in a bunch of colors, no gas assist and the lid did not come with any thermometer.  The tables tend to break right at the middle bolt. Other than that perfect candidate to rehab a legless kettle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cracked like this??
It’s ok, it’s just a template... gonna do a complete custom... just in search of info for ordering parts and such, front casters, things like that that weren’t suppose to be there but will work... or retro fit...
it’s like an anomaly of the weber line...

Vinny

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 08:29:06 AM »
I replaced my table as it had cracked by the bolt also, the replacement was different material, alas it's been a few years so i don't remember the part number  :( mine is a DD also.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »
I'd be willing to bet that is a One Touch Platinum cart that was once home to a DH code sage green grill.   :)
Drew Z.
Ivory SSP, A-Code CGA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, Snap On GA,  3-burner Genny Jr., Pat. Pending Aristocrat, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, S-320, GGA

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 05:43:41 PM »

I replaced my table as it had cracked by the bolt also, the replacement was different material, alas it's been a few years so i don't remember the part number  :( mine is a DD also.

Do you know the year of your grill?

Vinny

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 06:23:21 PM »

I have a 2004 (DH Code) Sage Platinum so they were made from at least 2000 through 2004. The tables for these models are the same size as a regular Performer but the mounting holes are drilled closer together.  Last time I checked (last year), Weber still had replacement tables available for the Platinum models. 

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 08:39:35 PM »
For years I passed on the OTP’s. I’ll pick them up if I can get them for under $40 but the majority of the plastic tables are brittle, cracked or broken in the Pacific Northwet. But I’d rather have a kettle in a cart than a table on a 3 leg wobbler.
The frames are mods waiting to happen! I’ve got a few I’ve dropped some colors into or PK’d them.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 05:17:02 AM »

Do you know the year of your grill?

Vinny
It's a 2000
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 09:46:23 AM »
See?? Now that’s why I said f@$& google and cane to you guys...

Thanks for the info!!!

Vinny

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2018, 12:06:00 PM »
I actually just spotted a green one for sale for $40.00

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »