Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mid west storms cook !  (Read 929 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Mid west storms cook !
« on: December 01, 2018, 05:36:42 PM »
Today I decided to throw on some St. Louis style ribs after work let it smoke for about three hours then all of a sudden the weather starting to get really windy we have some tornado warnings within the next few counties luckily we were a few miles away from anything Two wild. With the wind and the rain does take a bit longer than I wanted does the first time I’ve done ribs without wrapping and foil.Turned out  really good just a little later than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
Re: Mid west storms cook !
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 11:26:24 PM »
Man those look delicious!  Where in the Midwest? I didn’t bbq today because of the wind. Instead we made homemade gumbo with shrimp. It was damn good and I have enough leftovers to feed us for the winter. Gumbo of course, maybe once or twice a month. One thing we did different was to leave the shrimp out till last minute. That way our leftovers could be used for anything like chicken, sausage, or seafood. I’m freezing nothing but the soup base.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 01:20:47 AM »

Man those look delicious!  Where in the Midwest? I didn’t bbq today because of the wind. Instead we made homemade gumbo with shrimp. It was damn good and I have enough leftovers to feed us for the winter. Gumbo of course, maybe once or twice a month. One thing we did different was to leave the shrimp out till last minute. That way our leftovers could be used for anything like chicken, sausage, or seafood. I’m freezing nothing but the soup base.

Sounds really good !  I live in central Illinois . About 15 minutes from Peoria .

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 08:07:17 PM »
Well in the big picture I’m not too far away. I’m in Beecher, about 40 miles south of Chicago. But I will tell you for sure the weather can be way different between our locations.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 05:33:02 PM »
A true Grill Fella is not deterred  by weather. Great cook!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
Weather don't scare me none.... ;)

Looks good to me!!!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...