Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Triple Turkey Palooza  (Read 1014 times)

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Triple Turkey Palooza
« on: November 22, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving grillfellas!!

My family ended up with three turkeys this year (only 7 people!) so what to do but cook em all!!

On the Statesman, a 19# dizzy bird. I didn’t season this one much at all, just some Himalayan salt to help crisp up the skin. Pulled this one at 168f. I don’t think dizzy birds need much seasoning as I love the juicy flavor they naturally develop.

On the black taco, a spatchcock 16# bird. This was marinated in honey mustard and some slight salt on the skin. I hit it with some peach wood smoke. Pulled this one at 165f.

On the blue OTG, an 11# spatchcock also smoked with peach wood. Seasoned this one with heavy black pepper. Pulled at 170f. I forgot to take a pic of this one.

They all rested about 30 minutes before I carved them. If I can pat myself on the back. I think They all turned out awesome! Super juicy and Definitely my best work so far.  All cooked at 350f over Western Lump.

The only bad thing?? My roti spit broke!! The wood handle came disconnected from the slit itself, so I can’t screw the counterweight in place. Going to check in on that warranty!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Triple Turkey Palooza
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 05:16:24 PM »
Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 05:40:26 PM »
That's a lot of turkey...

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 05:04:11 AM »

That's a lot of turkey...
Yup. We usually do two 12#ers or so, but this year my wife got a 16# and a 19# no problem there as we like leftovers.

Then my dad enters a bowling tournament and wins a turkey on the Sunday before TG, and he starts thawing it cuz he wants me to cook it for him. No problem except he doesn’t tell me until Tuesday night. At this point, both of my turkeys are mostly thawed and so is his. We can’t refreeze the birds so I cooked them all. Sent my dad home with most of his bird as leftovers and my family will freeze some of our leftovers for future hungry times.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Triple Turkey Palooza
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 05:31:46 AM »
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] looks great. Mine didn’t come with a counter weight so I have never used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 07:21:03 AM »

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] looks great. Mine didn’t come with a counter weight so I have never used one.

Arent you nervous about burning up the motor??

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 07:28:08 AM »

Arent you nervous about burning up the motor??

No. It’s a Weber roti I bought a year or 2 ago on amazon and it said something to the effect that the new motors don’t require a counter weight and that’s why they don’t come with one.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 08:17:10 AM »
Looks like a good feed.  That's a lot of turkey.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 05:33:23 AM »
For those interested, I requested a new spit from Weber via their warranty. They went above and beyond and sent me a complete new rotisserie! It even has the new motor that doesn’t require a counterweight! I’m stoked!!

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »
Holy gobblers knob that’s a lot of turkey. Looks like you nailed it tho. Good job.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »
That all adds up to a great time had cooking some turkeys! You got the kettles, so cook 'em up. Nice job.