Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow n Sear n Pizza?  (Read 14744 times)

therod

• Smokey Joe
Slow n Sear n Pizza?
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:33:59 PM »
Just wondering if anyone uses their slow n sear for pizza? I have a brand new cast iron pizza stone, and my slow n sear is always looking for some work. I haven't used my stone yet, and I haven't done pizza on the kettle yet. But I'm wondering if I could combine the 2. Maybe put most of a chimney of coals in the slow n sear, and put a few directly under the stone maybe to help finish the crust...? Just thinking. Feel free to chime in if you've done pies with a slow n sear...

theduke

• Smokey Joe

spartanhuntr

• Happy Cooker
Re: Slow n Sear n Pizza?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 07:38:55 PM »
Refreshing an old thread.  Anyone know where you can get a sear basket with the lip so it holds on the KP pizza stone kit?  Mine fell apart after 4 cooks.  i put it back together but it fell apart again (during the cook).  I noticed on the Slow N Sear basket web site none of theirs have the little lip.  I really liked how the basket sat up off the coals.  I would put wood chunks in the basket.   So coals under the stone keeping its temp up and then the sear basket hanging off stone kit where i push wood in to get flames roaring.

I went on Amazon and didn't see that any of the baskets had the lip.  Maybe i am being too perfect here and just need to get a new one and just sit it on the coals?   

Any thoughts? 

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 06:01:13 AM »
Maybe upload a pic of your set up?  I believe that the charcoal basket that comes with the Kettle pizza kit is actually just a standard Weber charcoal basket.  I actually just take two standard charcoal baskets and place them in a "C" shape in the back and pile charcoal and wood on top of the baskets and up against the backside of the kettle.  Ofcourse I use a standard black kettle for this as it is pretty hard on the porcelain. 

I am assuming you are using the KP tombstone pizza kit though that had has the open back and sides.  with the KP ring, tombstone pizza stone, and the SS top plate I never have much charcoal under the pizza.  I can easily get it roaring hot without it.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 01:07:40 PM »
I’ve done them with the S&S. Once the pizza is ready I put the stone over the coals to crisp the bottom up. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club