Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tritip a different way  (Read 1037 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Tritip a different way
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:16:10 PM »
How’s it going? Been a while. Anyways, felt like cooking up a tritip a different way...brisket style. Just wanted to see how it turned out. Thought I’d cook it on the mini since it’s been about  1 1/2 years since I’ve used it.  So I cleaned up the mini and fixed a bent leg caused by our move. I unwrapped it at the end just to finish it off and lost track of time with other projects on the property. Turned out a little on the dry side but still delicious. I will be doing this again.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: Tritip a different way
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »
It looks really good...
I don't think I would cook one that far...But obviously I don't know...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
Is that your yard?  Pretty amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 07:22:05 PM »
It’s been a while Nate

Looks good

I tried that once and didn’t like how it came out - went back to using the Santa Maria attachment

Guess I need to try it again
Dude, relax your chicken.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »
Is that your yard?  Pretty amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Yup, it’s a little sliver of our property. At the end of a long private road away from major highways and light pollution. Nice and quiet and private, the way we like it. 1000x better than the suburban neighborhood we were in. At least our 6 1/2 yo girls have someplace to play.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
It’s been a while Nate

Looks good

I tried that once and didn’t like how it came out - went back to using the Santa Maria attachment

Guess I need to try it again

My wife doesn’t like brisket so I wanted to try a tritip cook this way. Well, she likes the flavor much better than brisket so I will be doing this again. Of course, it will be better next time.  I wish I had one of those Santa Maria attachments to use.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:57:11 PM by Nate »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 06:56:50 AM »
Good show Nate!!!
I've done them like this for years......injected w/something that has a little bit of an oily consistency, you could even make it from scratch.....that helps keep the moisture content up above drying out before it's finished to where you want......

I run them at very low heat, like 200-210 for 10-12 hrs & they pull apart for a very tender pulled beef......you wouldn't have to go that far, but a lower heat, longer cook will help keep them from getting dry......along w/ injection if you choose to go that route....

I've used creole butter & things of that nature for really good injection results........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 10:10:03 AM »

@Nate
Yeah, I think you’d like the SM attachment. Actually, I know you would!

Thanks @1buckie, I was just given a new bottle of the creole butter. Time to try it again!
Dude, relax your chicken.