Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Photos from the WKC Beach Gathering (10/6/18) Seacliff State Beach, California  (Read 4280 times)

Cellar2ful

The day started out a bit comical.  Putting up the WKC banner, my wife and I decided to entertain all the people that were walking along the beach path.   My wife was standing on the top end of a picnic table and was having trouble tying off her end of the rope for the banner.  I finished my end and figured I could speed this process up. Not thinking about basic physics,  I stepped onto the seat of the same end of the table she was standing on.  The end of the table acted like a seesaw, lifting the other end of the picnic table into the air. My first indication that something was wrong was hearing gasps from people walking by.  Luckily, my wife was able to grab one of the upper steel supports and I jumped off the bench. The bench then slammed back to the ground.  I swear the other end of the table was lifted over 2 feet into the air. Although we both earned high acclaims, my wife for her balance and my sticking the landing,  we were both very lucky. It easily could have ended differently. I have no photos or videos documenting the incident so I guess it didn't happen. That's the rule, right?

As you can see, we had fantastic weather.   Small group of members and their wives but we had a fantastic day.  Thanks for coming out @Bodhi  @pbe gummi bear  @argentflame  @dazzo   @Heyjude

There were a few grills brought and left by one member, with the intention of having them adopted by other members in attendance. As we started breaking everything down, we found none of us were interested in re homing two of those kettles.  pbe gummi bear to the rescue.  He walked down the row of picnic sites and found two grillfellas that answered the call.   These are photos of the happy guys as they took possession of their new kettles. 

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:33:15 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
What is the story with the Glenn Blue GA?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
What is the story with the Glenn Blue GA?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
One doesn't simply ask "What's the story on the Glenn blue GA"? As The Duke's personal confidant I will deliver The message to him directly and humbly request a prompt reply on your behalf. 🎩
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:37:48 PM by Bodhi »

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Glen blue GA??????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Great pics and writeup. Looks like a good time. Nice variety of food too. I bet you had offers right and left from the passing beachgoers.
Retired

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
@56MPG I was actually surprised by the amount of interest. A few people asked if any were for sale. People were taking several pictures.The small light blue grills were a hit with the ladies, the Coppermist Ranger was a big hit, but to me it was the lime @Heyjude brought that really stood out. Something about that color on the beach. The food was off the hook!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:39:35 AM by Bodhi »

jp217p

• WKC Brave
I need to keep tabs on upcoming events more. I live in Central California but I'm close by now. I could of made it. It looked like a great time! I'll catch catch y'all next time.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Great pics and writeup. Looks like a good time. Nice variety of food too. I bet you had offers right and left from the passing beachgoers.

I tried to sell the GA, but evidently 15 bucks was too much!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:31:51 AM by dazzo »
Dude, relax your chicken.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Twins...

dazzo

• WKC Performer
[emoji16]

Cellar2ful

Just noticed this. I'm not sure what @argentflame was doing in the background of this photo but there were bathrooms about 25 yards away.

Thanks for adding Long Tall Sally to the thread @dazzo
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:38:55 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

dazzo

• WKC Performer
The spread was awesome

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
Very cool pics !
Impressive location too.
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Best regards,
Jan

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
Thank's for sharing!! Look's like everyone is having a great time!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Looks like a great spot for a meetup. All the food looks fantastic and the kettles even better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER