Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New WKC member  (Read 1082 times)

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
New WKC member
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:20:05 PM »
Hello everyone.  I just joined the WKC a couple of weeks ago and have been looking around in the forums since.  This is an awesome resource.  I just got my first kettle for my birthday in February.  I had an old gas grill that was about to fall apart and I had mentioned to my wife that I'd like to get into charcoal grilling on a Weber someday.  Well...birthday rolls around and she surprises me with a 22" Master Touch.  I'll admit at first I was a little overwhelmed.  I probably would have gotten a basic 18" if I bought it myself.  But she picked this one out and said she thought I would like it because it had the nice lid holder, a bigger surface area, and it's taller.  Boy was she right!  It's been a great spring and summer, and we've grilled almost every weekend.  I think I've grilled more for us this summer than in our first 3 years of marriage combined!  These forums have already given me a lot of great tips and ideas.  I'm looking forward to learning more...and of course...grilling more!

PICS:  first time I rolled her out on the driveway to cook,  first meal of steak and brats, and our favorite meal of steak and a big basket of grilled veggies!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: New WKC member
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:31:09 PM »
Welcome from Seattle. You'll probably have a dozen kettles before January rolls around. Bunch of enablers here.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 06:37:55 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 07:19:30 AM »
Welcome from central Ohio! I'm running a 1990 22-inch that I bought from a neighbor for $10.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 08:07:23 AM »
Welcome, and if I’ve learned anything here, you WILL buy an 18”, probably a couple more 22’s, you’ll come across a gasser you’ll pick up for “cheap” and before you know it you’ll be starting a new thread here bitching us out about when you started here you only had one grill....LOL.  Enjoy the ride brother!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 09:26:07 PM »
Welcome from Northern CA.  I second what @varekai said
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 05:53:19 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. I remember having 1 grill when I joined LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area.  With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, consider cooking the turkey on your Weber.  Whole, spatchcocked or on the rotisserie the smokey flavor is amazing.  Here's a thread with some of the methods.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/whatchu-cooking-on-for-turkey-day/
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 04:29:35 AM »
Welcome, and if I’ve learned anything here, you WILL buy an 18”, probably a couple more 22’s, you’ll come across a gasser you’ll pick up for “cheap” and before you know it you’ll be starting a new thread here bitching us out about when you started here you only had one grill....LOL.  Enjoy the ride brother!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Yep... we all started with ONE...

Awesome group of grillfellas / grillgals here...

Welcome!!!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 08:31:58 PM »
Hello and welcome to the WKC from Eugene, Oregon.   Some wives just seem to know what we want and what we need.   Sounds like you've got a keeper  :)

SJ

"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".