Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What are these older kettles worth?  (Read 1475 times)

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
What are these older kettles worth?
« on: August 30, 2018, 02:39:55 PM »
I have 3 old cookers that I am looking to part with, but I really don't have a clue
what they are worth.  I will be posting them locally unless someone here wants
to buy them.  Add about $60 for shipping. 
You won't hurt my feelings, just give me your educated guess on what you feel each SHOULD
sell for. 

The individual pics are what I judge to be the worst of the wear. 

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: What are these older kettles worth?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 03:33:09 PM »
I’d guess up to $30 - $50 - $50 for fairly easy sales. Maybe a little more for middle and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
What are these older kettles worth?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 03:47:35 PM »
Thumbscrew black WW with good steel/rubber wheels & single screw handle (homemade?)

‘73-‘75 Brownie with single screw handle (homemade)

‘73-‘75 Redhead with clean triangle & wrong era wheels & white pushnuts

No ash pans on any

I’d swap the wheels/pushnuts from the brown onto the red.  Put an ash pan back on ‘er.  Put the best set of grates, out of the three, in ‘er.  Someone would likely pay $100(ish).  You have parts value in the others.  You’ll need to put a sell price on ‘em, or the site moderators will pull the thread (club rules for sales). 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »
ASH PANS!!!  I forgot to put those on for the pics.  I have two screw on ash pans that can obviously
be used with any of the three.  One will have to be sold with out one.  I have a yellow that I will be
using it on when I finally get around to fixing the leg socket. 

If I must post a price for rules - then $100 each ((Or best offer)) 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:44:58 AM by Dave in KC »

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 04:14:21 PM »
That brown one has the best reflected image I have seen on a kettle. So many browns I have seen in pictures are orange peel. Smooth glass.  Would have been the one to get new.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »
Does everyone agree that the red is the most valuable of the lot?
Is it worth an extra $25 per kettle to spend an hour cleaning up the wheels and shining the legs?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »
I’d give you $50 for that brown one right now and I can ship it a lot cheaper than $60.

They are worth what someone is willing to pay. There isn’t a blue book to kettles.

When I list a grill I think of what I would pay or did pay for it.

Good luck with your sales.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »
Three very nice grills that would make anyone happy. Love the brownie..
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 07:12:55 PM »
Three very nice grills that would make anyone happy. Love the brownie..

This is true. Have you cooked on them yet? Have you seen that Red get hot and change color? If you start making delicious food on them you may want to keep them.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 11:30:53 PM »
I can ship it a lot cheaper than $60.

How so?  With who?  Please share details. 

Have you cooked on them yet?

No.  I have a blue Performer that is my goto.  I also have a red 83, if needed, but is more patio queen than anything and is
primarily used as a work table. 

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 01:28:29 AM »
to tell the truth
anything collectible
is only worth what a collector will pay.

saying that, I buy POS kettles, restore them about 50% and off then here. I do not make my money back, but i take great pride in knowing a collector has a good piece of weber history.

I have 4 kettles, my pride and joy is not a weber, it is a happy cooker, I can not tell you why we weber fans love happy cookers so much, but to tell the truth they actually cook better than a weber.

Now here is the problem, a few years back weber sold out, we will see the last of the American made webers soon. As They are going soon be all Chinese made. So if you want a quality weber. pick a few up. and also pic up some turn of the century gassers. The quality is about to go way down.
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 05:00:29 PM »
Probably Greyhound.  Allegedly you can ship fairly large things relatively cheap.  With one big, but.  But, you have to drop it off an actual manned Greyhound station & they have to pick it up at an actual manned Greyhound station.

No.  I have a blue Performer that is my goto.  I also have a red 83, if needed, but is more patio queen than anything and is
regards,
Hal

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »
Probably Greyhound.  Allegedly you can ship fairly large things relatively cheap.  With one big, but.  But, you have to drop it off an actual manned Greyhound station & they have to pick it up at an actual manned Greyhound station.

Sorry, we get a really nice employee discount on shipping where I work.

Yeah without the discount it’s $63 to ship to Columbus which is insane. Wasn’t that much a year ago. I shipped a 22” to Seattle for less than that a year ago. Really makes it tough to get something remote.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 02:24:14 AM »
UPS & FEDEX offer a variety of discount programs, some for being a member of a professional oraganization.  Most of those discounts are pretty crappy.  Even if you have a small business, unless you have a significant volume of shipping, the discounts you can negotiate is fairly minimal.

I had a small businees that would occassionally ship stuff out & had a tiny discount as a member of a large professional organization.  At some point, I noticed that both FEDEX & UPS offered larger discounts to basically anyone with an ebay account.  So, I created a new account for my business as an alleged ebay seller even though we were not one.  For shipping anything, it is usually best to check both FEDEX ground & UPS ground to compare prices because sometimes one was cheaper, sometimes the other. 

See links below.

http://www.fedex.com/us/oadr/en/discounts/bs13184011/benefits.html
 https://www.ups.com/mrd/promodiscount?loc=en_US&promoCd=C3WA3LH91
regards,
Hal

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 02:36:19 AM »
I would have to agree with Rub on pricing. But grills are so subjective to the individual purchasing and the individual selling...

Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!