Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wood Fired Pizza on the Kettle  (Read 1561 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Wood Fired Pizza on the Kettle
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:19:19 PM »
I started by making a batch of homemade dough, but had a bag of the Trader Joe’s dough to get things going, while the homemade dough was rising. The TJ’s dough is what you see cooking in the video.

I laid out ¾ of a chimney of unlit Weber Briquettes and started ¾ of a chimney on my other grill. I dumped the burning coals on the unlit and put my Kettle Pizza Clone together and let it heat up, while I put the first pizza together.

The TJ’s dough was still a bit cool, so it didn’t stretch as well as I wanted, but good enough. Just a really basic pizza, but sometimes that’s ok by me! Sauce and cheese please! I dusted the peel with semolina flour to keep it from sticking. You’ll see me quickly moving the peel a couple times to make sure the dough isn’t sticking to the peel. Uncooked pizza...stuck to peel...equals disaster...lol.

I hope you guys enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/cwSulwlvQYI
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:22:54 PM by Jason »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Wood Fired Pizza on the Kettle
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:27:04 PM »
Absolutely perfect color top and bottom. That cheese looked awesome. Is it the pizza steel that helps get the top done so well?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:14:08 AM »
Thanks!

Is it the pizza steel that helps get the top done so well?

Yes, the steel forces all of the hot air and flames much closer to the top of the pizza.

ocmulgee2053

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 07:49:09 AM »
great job man. I love making pizza and we enjoy the outcome. Even when I think it was not up to my expectations, everyone thinks the pizza is great. Keep up the great pizza cooking and lets see some more of your WEBER pizza cooking videos.

db130

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 08:27:00 AM »
I love the copper on the SSP, btw.
Copper Premium, 2009 22", 2008 18", 1999 Black SSP