Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Yesterdays 300 mile Haul (Long Story Pic Heavy)  (Read 1823 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Yesterdays 300 mile Haul (Long Story Pic Heavy)
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:13:33 PM »
Back in early May I found an EE Red Mist MT on FB. She was the original owner and told me it was only used a handful of times before buying  gasser. In the garage it has sat for 18 years. I asked if she was open to bartering for the grill. She asked "What". I offered a 1/2 gallon of Maple Syrup and she said "SOLD". I explained I was 300 miles away and just needed some time to pick it up. She said"Take your time, it's not going anywhere. So in May I shipped the Maple Syrup to her. I was hoping to go to the Gloucester meetup and pick it up on the way. That didn't happen. Well on Sunday morning I see an ad on Offerup for a Gen 2 Green Heineken logo. I contact @charred at 10:15 AM to see if he could agent it. He was busy so seller offered to drop it off at Pete's for an extra 10.00. SOLD. At 12: 58 I get a text with pictures of it from Pete. At 4:49 the seller text me "I have another Weber grill if your interested, I just put it up on Offerup. I ask for pictures thinking it will be a black one. Well he texts me pictures of a never cooked on SA Copper 18. @lksdrinker just agent a Blue SA 18 for me for @AZogas and explained he just needed a Copper to complete his collection. I couldn't believe my eyes.This is the 3rd SA 18 I found for members in 3 weeks, 2 of which help complete their SA collections. I negotiated with seller but he said it will need to be picked up, he won't drop this one off. The SA was secured Wednesday and I made the plan to get the MT and these 2 others. @charred is the man by driving 100 miles RT to meet me in MA from Connecticut to drop me the grills. 15 minutes off I90 at Otis Poultry farm. I set out yesterday at 10AM with my 8 YO nephew riding shotgun. We made it to the MT at 12:30. Spent 30 minutes speaking with the couple while my nephew played football with their grandson. They explained how their son bought the same exact grill, they liked it, and bought one. He explained he likes gas better. Really nice people, not just for holding it for 3 months. At 1 we were off to meetup in Otis. Met up and chatted with Pete for a bit who had his 95 YO Mom sitting Shotgun. He went on his way and we went into Poultry Farm Store. I believe they are the 3rd generation on the farm, since 1906. I bought a 4 lb. chicken and 2 of there chicken pot pies. My nephew got Maple fudge, go figure.
We drove the last 72 miles back home on country roads which made for a nice way to end the trip.
@charred went above and beyond the call of duty, as we said in the Army. Kudos my brother.
Kettle Karma Coming your way. Oh yeah, at 1:10 is when my buddy text me a picture of the Red22 Thumbscrew Dump Score. A Blessed Weber Day

Picture from FB ad

Only scar on the whole kettle

15 minute bowl cleaning

Only scar on Performer

@lksdrinker SA

Hope you enjoyed the story and pictures ;)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:16:09 PM by CatskillSmoker »

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: Yesterdays 300 mile Haul (Long Story Pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
Grate scores Colin!

AZogas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »
Nice work Colin!  @charred excellent assidt....I may be traveling your way mid September.   I'll look you up.... always like meeting grillfellas!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
Beautiful
Looks like you need a thermometer for that Performer

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 07:37:34 PM »
That is beyond outstanding!  Great pickups!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 03:32:45 AM »
I love the fact that others riding shotgun also got a day out and enjoyed the kettle adventure! Nice grills

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 05:47:42 AM »
Nice work Colin!  @charred excellent assidt....I may be traveling your way mid September.   I'll look you up.... always like meeting grillfellas!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Glad to help when able these days. Good to see @CatskillSmoker again, and his little helper.  (Future Weberitis victim?)

@AZogas sounds good. PM me when you have a plan.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 06:07:42 AM »
Way to go, buddy! Though 1gal. of your maple syrup is worth quite a bit. (My family goes through it like water.) :)

-Jed
-Jed

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 06:09:48 AM »
super score, grate teamwork !!! Way to go .
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
from the "no good deed goes unpunished" file:

I get home from the grill hand-off, and realize that somewhere along the way I've lost a key ring w/ 3 keys on it. There were 3 places they could be: 1 was 12 miles away. 1 was 22 miles away. 1 was 50 miles away.

Guess where they were. :)
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

John

• Smokey Joe
Yesterdays 300 mile Haul (Long Story Pic Heavy)
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »
Well done. Enjoyed the story and pictures [emoji106]

MrSandman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM »
Cool story and grills.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 04:55:20 AM »
I enjoyed that story Colin, thanks for sharing. Reminded me of times spent with my uncle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

VivaTerlingua

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 04:08:20 PM »
Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 04:42:58 PM »
I agree, I like seeing the stories too.
regards,
Hal