Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Something strange happened last night. Neighbors started poking heads around...  (Read 1035 times)

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
So last night when I got home from work, first thing I did was fire up the JJP to grill up some chicken and beef fajitas and caramelize some onion slices for a dinner pre-cook for later this week.

Oddly enough I guess I was early, as I mentioned I grill / cook in my front yard because the back yard is just too small... I noticed a couple of times that the neighbors kids kept coming over to the common yard line between houses, and just kept looking around... I figured it out after a couple of minutes, the kids were REALLY liking the smell of the cooking fajitas!...

So I picked up my phone and called the neighbor, let him know what was going on and laughed a bit. Then I told him, if he wanted to as soon as I was done, he could do some grilling on my kettle as the coals were going to still be plenty hot and those kids looked hungry.

Sure enough, after I finished mine up, the neighbor came over with some marinaded skirt steak and got after grilling up some fajita for his brood...

I should mention this is the guy that has the JJP that inspired me to buy mine!

Long story short, my family has enough fajita to get through the rest of the work week, the neighbors kids got a good meal, and I got someone else to clean the grate on my grill! Oh and I got a Shiner Bock out of the whole deal so win win win!
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
grate story and a free beer perfect day!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Very cool story. Many a time my neighbor looks over the fence to see what I have on the grill.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
LOL.... Kind of the same as the fence peeking, just, front yard. Again, strange yard layout in my neighborhood. Good thing my neighbors are pretty cool...
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
That is a great story.  The smell of fajitas cooking gets them every time. 

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
What is this word Neighbor you use? LMAO I live in the woods. Grate story and thanks for sharing.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
I swear I've seen someone grill out front on an episode of King of the Hill.
I've seen it every once in a while, even in neighborhoods with big back yards.  An old guy across the street from my mom drags his barbecue out from in back onto the driveway in front of the house.  I think he likes to watch the occasional car or person go by, say hello, etc.

LOL.... Kind of the same as the fence peeking, just, front yard. Again, strange yard layout in my neighborhood. Good thing my neighbors are pretty cool...
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Some are a bit like what you know as a skunk, an opossum, or maybe even a bear.
Others might be more like a songbird that are nice to listen to....for a while.

What is this word Neighbor you use? LMAO I live in the woods. Grate story and thanks for sharing.
regards,
Hal

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Couple weeks ago my Neighbor looked over their deck and said... "Whats cooking today?"  Ribs I say,  2 racks of spares...  Took over 1/2 Rack and said enjoy!! 

Thats what makes Smoking / Grilling so awesome.  It introduces PPL to the world of Que!! 

Grate story!!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"