Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork and turkey breast tenderloins  (Read 870 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Pork and turkey breast tenderloins
« on: July 10, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »
The pre-seasoned Smithfield ("Rotisserie blend") was on sale at Walmart. The turkey is because not everyone eats pork. The pork is one piece; the turkey is two. I marinated in a mix of salt / pepper, almond milk, cooking chicken stock (unsalted), veg oil, garlic, cut scallions.

First time with this setup, an original SnS courtesy of @Jules V. , a Killa Grilla KG 7436 and a BGE XK Half Moon drip pan. I realize the foil alone on the BGE drip pan does about as much as the drip pan, but whatever.

And also because, I mistakenly bought it, thinking it was smaller and would fit in an 18 as a drip pan, but it's sized for a Weber 22 (or a BGE XL, half moon cook grate ...)

This is after 15 minutes.

Two cups of water in the reservoir, just 'cause this is a new toy and I like overcoming unnecessary variables sometimes!

More later.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pork and turkey breast tenderloins
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 04:22:56 PM »
Nice!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »

Left on a little too long, each were overcooked by about 10 degrees. But it really didn't matter. Even the turkey breast was juicy.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »
Yet another awesome looking recipe I must replicate [emoji16]🤤

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
This particular pre-seasoned pork tenderloin flavor didn't impress me much. But the turkey was a hit. The majority of the marinade makeup was the almond milk, and I think that's the overriding characteristic that came through, because I can't identify another flavor as being more prominent. Recommended.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
Yet another awesome looking recipe I must replicate [emoji16]🤤

As you can probably tell from the scallions on top of the turkey, I never turned the meat. Just put the lid on and walked away for 40 minutes or so.

But for full effect, marinate the turkey in a bag previously used to store leftover pepperoni pizza the day before.  ;D  :o

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 02:54:33 AM »
Looks good, I guess I need to start saving the ziploc bags that had pizza in them now
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill